Panthers Assign Forward A.J. Jenks to RochesterNovember 2, 2010 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Rochester Americans
Jenks, 20, enters his first season of professional hockey in 2010-11 after a four-year career with the Ontario Hockey League's Plymouth Whalers. In 249 career games with Plymouth, the Wolverine Lake, Michigan, native recorded 193 points (79+114) and 280 penalty minutes. He posted his best season during the 2009-10 campaign, capturing career-highs in assists (40) and points (63), while finishing second on the team in every offensive category, including 23 power-play assists. Additionally, Jenks led the Whalers with a team-best four shorthanded goals and six game-winning goals while being only one of two players to net 20 more goals during the season. He also earned his first trip to the 2010 OHL All-Star Game, scoring two goals and one assist for the Western Conference All-Stars.
A fourth-round selection (100th overall) by the Florida Panthers in 2008, the 6-foot-2, 200 pound forward will join Rochester this weekend as it kicks off a three-game in three-night stretch on Friday, November 5th when the undefeated Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins make their only visit to Western New York this season. The 7:35 p.m. contest will be the first of two meetings this weekend for the non-divisional rivals and the first of four on the campaign. Fans can tune into the live broadcast on SportsRadio 1280 WHTK and FM 107.3, Rochester's Sports Talk. The game will also be televised live on Time Warner Cable SportsNet Channel 26.
The match up falls on the next installment of the "Dollar Dogs 'N' Drinks"promotion. Friday night, and now during every Friday night home game for the rest of the season, fans can purchase Zweigle's Hot Dogs and select draft products for just $1.00. Starting this season, however, fans will also have the opportunity to enjoy any fountain Pepsi products for $1.00. The first 5,000 fans that night will also take home an Amerks t-shirt.
Further, the game kicks off the Mark's Family Value Night special, offering fans four tickets, four t-shirts, one large one-topping pizza, two orders of jumbo wings and one two-liter bottle of soda for just $69.00 from any area participating Mark's Pizzeria location. Fans can purchase the package online at ticketmaster.com or in person at The Blue Cross Arena Box Office. For more information, please call the Amerks office at (585) 454-5335 and speak with a ticket sales representative today.
American Hockey League Stories from November 2, 2010
- Checkers Unable to Complete Comeback, Fall 4-3 in Shootout - Charlotte Checkers
- Bulldogs Halt Moose with 3-1 Victory - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Pirates Win Again in a Shootout - Portland Pirates
- Pack Look to Get Offense Untracked - Connecticut Whale
- Moose Bitten 3-1 in Hamilton - Manitoba Moose
- Sponsor a Soldier this Friday - Houston Aeros
- Final Meeting with Moose Kicks off Rivalry Weekend for Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- San Jose Sharks Assign Defenseman Mike Moore to Worcester - Worcester Sharks
- Kings Assign Loktionov to Manchester - Manchester Monarchs
- Admirals Begin Three Game Homestand Wednesday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Edmonton Assigns Two Players to Oklahoma City - Oklahoma City Barons
- Welch Recalled by Atlanta - Chicago Wolves
- Christie Hall of Fame Induction Will be November 19 - Peoria Rivermen
- Kyle Is Cooking - Syracuse Crunch
- Panthers Assign Forward A.J. Jenks to Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Sim Clears Waivers, Loaned to Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Devils Bring Thanksgiving Food Drive to Times Union Center - Albany Devils
- Bulldogs to Take Part in 'Movember' - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Quick Start Has Penguins Thinking Big - AHL
- Blackhawks Assign Ben Smith, Ryan Potulny to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Rampage Grow Mustaches for Movember - San Antonio Rampage
- Canucks Assign Tambellini to Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Former Wolf Pack Players Excel as Rangers' Top Line - Connecticut Whale
- Pirates Weekly - Portland Pirates
- Marlies Begin 10-Game Road Trip on Wednesday Night in San Antonio - Toronto Marlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.