Cyclones Acquire Rights to Forward Dylan Hunter from UtahSeptember 22, 2010 - ECHL (ECHL) - Cincinnati Cyclones
Hunter, a ninth-round Buffalo Sabres 2004 draft choice, comes to Cincinnati after spending most of the 2009-10 campaign playing with the Utah Grizzlies. While out west, he finished fourth on the team with 53 points (18 goals, 35 assists) in 43 contests. The six-foot, 210-pound forward also logged 19 games with two different AHL teams last season - 10 with the Rochester Americans and nine with the Milwaukee Admirals. Ironically, both are Cyclones affiliates this season. In total, he has played in 202 career AHL games, notching 95 points (33 goals, 62 assists) and 139 penalty minutes.
A Quebec native, Hunter comes from a hockey-rich bloodline; his father, Dale, spent nearly 20 years playing in the NHL. In addition to being a fan favorite in both Quebec and Washington during his career, Dale was one of the most physical players to ever lace up the skates. He still owns the second-most penalty minutes in NHL history, amassing a staggering 3,565 minutes - equating to nearly two-and-a-half full days in the sin bin.
"Dylan is a player that really understands the game, he plays all three zones very well," said Cyclones Head Coach Jarrod Skalde. "He is a kid with tremendous offensive upside and a great knowledge of what it takes to be successful in our league."
Prior to going pro in 2006, Dylan Hunter played five seasons under his father's leadership for the London Knights (OHL). During that stretch, he appeared in 315 games - accumulating 368 points (106 goals, 262 assists). He was named to the OHL All-Star Game in three of his five years with London.
The defending Kelly Cup Champion Cyclones open their home schedule on Saturday, October 30 at U.S. Bank Arena against the Wheeling Nailers. Discounted ticket packages for the 2010-11 season are available now. For more information, call 513.421.PUCK (7825) or visit CyclonesHockey.com.
ECHL Stories from September 22, 2010
- Road Warriors Strengthen Blueline - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Thunder Training Camp, Individual Ticket Info Announced - Stockton Thunder
- Royals Sign Three to Tryout Agreements - Reading Royals
- Salmon Kings Announce 2010 Training Camp Schedule - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Stingrays Ink Tommy Goebel for 2010-11 Season - South Carolina Stingrays
- Jackals Announce Exciting Promotional Schedule - Elmira Jackals
- Cyclones Acquire Rights to Forward Dylan Hunter from Utah - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Utah Acquires Power-Play Specialist Motherwell, Future Considerations - Utah Grizzlies
- Walleye Coaches Show Returns For Second Season - Toledo Walleye
- Individual Game Tickets on Sale This Thursday - Elmira Jackals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.