Morrison Wraps Up Big Series In Loss To South BendAugust 24, 2010 - Midwest League (MWL) Bowling Green Hot Rods
Morrison's first RBI came in the third inning with the Hot Rods trailing 3-0. With one away, Robi Estrada walked before moving to third on a single from Bennett Davis. Morrison then stepped up and dribbled an infield single to plate Estrada and cut the deficit to 3-1.
Later in the game, still trailing 3-1, Morrison came up again in the seventh. Burt Reynolds led off the inning with a single, taking second on a sacrifice bunt. After Davis struck out, Morrison laced a single into right field to score Reynolds and make it a one-run game at 3-2.
That was all the Hot Rods could generate, however, against starter Tyler Skaggs and relief pitcher Derek Eitel. They had eight hits but managed only two of them with runners in scoring position. They ended up stranding seven men, finishing the game just 2-for-9 with runners in scoring position.
Albert Suarez took the loss despite working a season-high five innings. He allowed three runs, two earned, on six hits. He allowed a home run while walking two and striking out one to fall to 0-5 on the season.
Morrison led the Hot Rods attack, going 2-4 with the pair of RBI raising his season total to 53. He finished the series with seven hits and a team-best six RBI. Tomas Francisco also had two hits while Reynolds singled and scored his first run in a Hot Rods uniform.
Tyree Hayes worked two scoreless innings out of the bullpen followed by a scoreless eighth from Scott Shuman to close down the ball game.
The Hot Rods return home for the final home stand of 2010 on Wednesday night against the Lake County Captains (Cleveland Indians). The home stand is kicked off by Kids Eat Free Night presented by Dietz & Watson. All kids 12 & under get a hot dog, bag of chips, and a drink for absolutely FREE. Game time is 6:35 PM. To order tickets and see the list of complete promotions for the final seven home games, visit www.bghotrods.com.
Wednesday's pitching match-up features RHP Wilking Rodriguez (4-9, 4.26) against Lake County Jason Knapp (0-0, 0.00). You can listen to the game on the radio with Tom Gauthier and Hank Fuerst beginning at 6:20 PM on 1340 WBGN and www.bghotrods.com.
Midwest League Stories from August 24, 2010
- 'Caps Drop Finale, Split Series with Loons - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Lugnuts avoid sweep, beat TinCaps, 8-5 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Hagerty Named MWL All-Star - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Bustabad Joins 700 Club with 9-3 Win - Great Lakes Loons
- Bandits Drop Series Finale with Cougars 3-1 - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Odorizzi & Rosario Combine on No-Hitter at Cedar Rapids - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Bats Back Wilhelmsen as Kings Punish Peoria - Clinton LumberKings
- Lugnuts avoid sweep, win 8-5 - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Cougars Take Finale against Bandits - Kane County Cougars
- Chiefs Get Blasted Out of Clinton to Finish Series - Peoria Chiefs
- 8-Run Inning Lifts Dragons to Win and 4-Game Sweep - Dayton Dragons
- Early Runs Enough for Eitel and Hawks - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Morrison Wraps Up Big Series In Loss To South Bend - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Carlos Silva to Rehab with Chiefs Friday - Peoria Chiefs
- Bustabad Named Manager of the Year - Great Lakes Loons
- Franklin, Ramirez Named MWL Post-Season All-Stars - Clinton LumberKings
- Mike Trout Named MWL MVP & Prospect of the Year - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Bandits and LumberKings to Play Two on Thursday - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Two Hawks Named Post Season All-Stars - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Three Rattlers Named MWL Postseason All-Stars - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Salinas, Lamarre Promoted from Dragons - Dayton Dragons
- Midwest League Names 2010 Post Season All-Star Team - MWL
- Rattlers Hold Kids Rock the Ballpark Day on August 30 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Dragons Gameday for Tuesday, August 24 - Dayton Dragons
- Wisconsin stuns Kernels, 6-5 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Beloit Steals Victory in Burlington - Burlington Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.