Cyclones Announce Unique Social Networking ContestJuly 21, 2010 - New York-Penn League (NYPL) Brooklyn Cyclones
Fans can use Facebook, Twitter, texts, emails, phone calls, or any other method they'd like to spread the word, and ask their friends to buy Cyclones tickets that will be coded to their name. The person whose name is used the most -- hence referring the most tickets sold -- will be dubbed "Brooklyn's Best Friend," and will win the following prizes:
- A $500 donation to their favorite charity - $100 in Cyclones Cash (to be used within MCU Park) - Lunch with five Cyclones players - 50 Field Box Seats to share with friends for a September game, during which "Brooklyn's Best Friend" will be honored throughout the night
In addition, if "Brooklyn's Best Friend" is responsible for 500 or more tickets sold, they will be included in the official 2011 Brooklyn Cyclones Baseball Card Team Set! If they are responsible for 1,000 or more tickets sold, they will receive their very own bobblehead, with their likeness wearing a Cyclones jersey!
The second-place finisher will receive a $100 donation to their favorite charity and $100 in Cyclones Cash. The third-place finisher will receive a $50 donation to their favorite charity and $50 in Cyclones Cash. A minimum of 100 tickets must be referred to receive any of the above prizes.
Here's how the referral process works:
- Tell your friends to call 718-37-BKLYN during regular business hours and ask for the Ticket Office - Your friends should tell the Cyclones representative that they are buying tickets as part of the "Brooklyn's Best Friend" contest, and will choose one of the following four games: o August 24 at 7pm vs. Hudson Valley o August 25 at 7pm vs. Aberdeen o August 26 at 7pm vs. Aberdeen o August 27 at 7pm vs. Aberdeen
- Your friends must tell us who referred them (please ask them to use your full name, including middle name, to avoid any confusion regarding similar names) - Your friends will complete the sale by paying with a credit card, and be added to your list of referrals.
The competition ends at 4pm on August 26th. Numbers will be tallied and results will be announced the following day .
The Brooklyn Cyclones are a Short-Season Class A affiliate of the New York Mets. In its first nine seasons of play, the team has led the New York-Penn League, and the entire Short-Season classification, in attendance each year, drawing nearly 2.5 million total fans to Coney Island's KeySpan Park. The Cyclones have advanced to the postseason six times, and won a league championship in 2001. In 2010, the team's 10th season, Brooklyn is managed by former New York Mets star and 1986 World Series champion Wally Backman.
New York-Penn League Stories from July 21, 2010
- Scrappers Win in Extras, Sweep Spikes - Mahoning Valley Scrappers
- Bats Support Hodges, Staff as Jammers Reclaim First Place - Jamestown Jammers
- Spikes Come Back in Ninth, But Fall to Scrappers in Eleven, 6-4 - State College Spikes
- IronBirds Winning Streak Ends at Five Games - Aberdeen IronBirds
- Tigers Rained out Wednesday - Connecticut Tigers
- Lake Monsters at Connecticut Postponed - Vermont Lake Monsters
- Spikes' Curry Named NYPL Player of the Week - State College Spikes
- Mahoning Valley Scrappers Homestand Notes - Mahoning Valley Scrappers
- State College Spikes Game Notes - July 21 Vs. Mahoning Valley - State College Spikes
- Cyclones Announce Unique Social Networking Contest - Brooklyn Cyclones
- IronBirds Add Three Rehabbers from Norfolk - Aberdeen IronBirds
- Muckdogs Return Home This Sunday - Batavia Muckdogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.