Wolves Rally Past Admirals, 4-3March 16, 2010 - American Hockey League (AHL) Chicago Wolves
Pohl and right wing Tim Stapleton led the way for Chicago (43-19-1-5) with a goal and an assist each, while netminder Peter Mannino (23-3-0) turned aside 26 of 29 shots to pick up his career-high 15th straight victory, just one shy of matching a franchise record. Chicago now holds a six-point lead on first place in the West Division over Rockord, with three games in hand.
Pohl put the Wolves up, 4-3, with 15 seconds remaining in regulation. After a give-and-go, right wing Joey Crabb passed the puck to Pohl, skating up the center, and Pohl redirected the puck past Milwaukee goaltender Mark Dekanich.
Right wing Andreas Thuresson opened the scoring for Milwaukee (35-25-1-6) 4:05 into the first period. Center Marty Murray picked up the puck in the corner and dished it off to Thuresson, who one-timed it past Wolves netminder Peter Mannino for the early 1-0 lead.
Milwaukee lit the lamp again with a power-play tally at 14:55 of the first period. Right wing Hugh Jessiman skated into the zone and pulled the puck to his backhand in the crease. Mannino made the stop, but Murray came in and hacked the puck under Mannino for a two-goal lead.
Stapleton brought the Wolves to within one, with just 11 seconds remaining in the period. Working on the power play, center Jason Krog passed the puck to Stapleton on the point, who wound up and slapped the shot past Admirals goaltender Mark Dekanich.
Dekanich (21-14-4) posted 25 saves in the losing effort.
Center Kevin Doell evened the score at two apiece at 5:26 of the second period. Picking up the puck at center ice, Doell skated coast to coast before wristing a shot from the slot past Dekanich, far-post.
Center Rylan Kaip gave the Wolves their first lead of the night with four minutes to go in the third period. Stapleton backhanded the pass back to Kaip, who skated into the slot and redirected the pass past Dekanich for the 3-2 lead.
The Admirals knotted things at three, 54 seconds later. Center Mike Santorelli sent the puck across the ice to right wing Chris Mueller who ripped a shot from the point that rocketed past Mannino, glove-side.
The Wolves drop the puck again on Saturday, when they take on the San Antonio Rampage at the Allstate Arena at 7 p.m.
American Hockey League Stories from March 16, 2010
- Wolves Rally Past Admirals, 4-3 - Chicago Wolves
- Devils Fall To Pirates In Shootout, 3-2 - Albany Devils
- Wolf Pack To Honor John Paddock April 10 - Connecticut Whale
- Week Twenty Five: Saved By The Bell - Syracuse Crunch
- Devils Return Home, Take The Ice Four Times In Six Days - Albany Devils
- Monarchs "At Your Service" Nets $42,000 - Manchester Monarchs
- Toronto Looks to Continue Winning Ways on Saturday with Battle Against Hamilton - Toronto Marlies
- Crawford Recalled To Hawks, Richards Reassigned To Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Rampage Pucks & Paws Night Promises To Raise The 'Woof' - San Antonio Rampage
- Crunch Recall Goaltender Dan Taylor From Gwinnett - Syracuse Crunch
- Marlies Sign Defenceman Jesse Blacker To ATO Contract - Toronto Marlies
- Admirals Look To Right The Ship In Texas - Milwaukee Admirals
- Monarchs Assign Mullen To Ontario - Manchester Monarchs
- Admirals Playoff Push Continues With Pivotal Games - Norfolk Admirals
- B-Sens Recall Goaltender Andy Chiodo From Elmira - Binghamton Senators
- AHL Announces Suspensions - AHL
- B-Sens First Ever Hockey & Heels Event Takes Place Thursday - Binghamton Senators
- Defensemen Boynton Recalled, Lalonde Assigned To Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Ryan Dech Named First Recipient Of Luc Bourdon Provincial AAA Minor Scholarship Award - Manitoba Moose
- Senators Re-Assign Defenceman Brian Lee To Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- Wolves Bring Back Filangieri - Chicago Wolves
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Justin Falk - Houston Aeros
- Crunch Foundation To Hold Luck O' The Puck Fundraiser - Syracuse Crunch
- Admirals Present Mark Concannon Night - Milwaukee Admirals
- Phantoms Grab Five Points During Hall of Fame Weekend - Adirondack Phantoms
- Rampage Reassign Orpik And Pokulok To ECHL - San Antonio Rampage
- Crunch Announce Roster Moves - Syracuse Crunch
- Exciting Promotions Set For This Weekend's Admirals Games - Norfolk Admirals
- Hurricanes Recall Defenseman Jamie McBain - Albany River Rats
- Admirals Add Two Lightning Top Prospects - Norfolk Admirals
- Rats Look To Add To Seven-Game Point Streak - Albany River Rats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.