Septimo, Parker Selected for MLB Futures GameJune 26, 2009 - California League (CalL) Visalia Rawhide
VISALIA--St. Louis will have some Visalian flavor on July 12th , as current Visalia Rawhide reliever Leyson Septimo and former Rawhide starter Jarrod Parker will both represent the Arizona Diamondbacks at this year's Futures Game.
The Futures Game is held annually prior to the Major League All-Star Game, and pits top emerging talent from around the Minor Leagues.
Ironically, the dynamic duo will be facing each other, as Parker will pitch for the U.S. team while Septimo will throw for the World squad.
Pitching for Visalia this season, Septimo has improved dramatically from last year's ERA of 5.29. The hard-throwing southpaw is having a terrific 2009 season for the Rawhide with a 2-0 record and a 2.70 ERA, and opponents are hitting just .184 against him. Parker was briefly with the Rawhide at the start of the season. The 2007 1st Round draft pick dazzled crowds in just 4 starts in a Rawhide uniform. Before being promoted up to AA Mobile, the right hander had a 0.95 ERA, with opponents hitting just .179 against him. The Futures game rosters were selected by a combined effort of Major League Baseball, the Major League Baseball Scouting Bureau, MLB.com, Baseball America, USA Baseball, and the 30 Major League Baseball Clubs. There are representatives of each Major League team and the World team features players from 11 different countries and territories.
The 11th edition of the Futures Game will be broadcast on MLB.tv, ESPN2 and ESPN2HD at 2 p.m. ET.
California League Stories from June 26, 2009
- Ports to Celebrate Re-Opening Night on June 28 - Stockton Ports
- Make This Monday Matter and Earn a Free Ticket to See Your Modesto Nuts - Modesto Nuts
- Septimo, Parker Selected for MLB Futures Game - Visalia Rawhide
- Mavs Send Pair to Futures Game - High Desert Mavericks
- Ports to host Independence Day Celebration and Fireworks Extravaganza on July 3 - Stockton Ports
- JetHawks Start Second Half Hot, Beat Quakes - Lancaster JetHawks
- Giants Edge Stockton To Begin Second Half - San Jose Giants
- 66ers Get Wild in Fifth, Lose Second Half Opener 5-3 - Inland Empire 66ers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.