Kilpatrick Named CCM ECHL Rookie of the MonthFebruary 5, 2009 - ECHL (ECHL) Cincinnati Cyclones
Kilpatrick, a native of New Prague, Minnesota, is the second Cyclones player (David Desharnais is the other) to collect the Rookie of the Month award in team history. The 5-foot-11, 185 pounder had nine multiple point games during the 13 games in January, as the club went 10-3 and moved into third place (at the end of January) in the North Division. He was named In Glas Co ECHL Player of the Week for the week of January 26-31, yesterday.
For the season, Kilpatrick ranks fifth among ECHL rookies and is tied for the club lead with 22 goals. He was loaned to the Houston Aeros (AHL) yesterday-the 15th player this season to earn an American Hockey League promotion from the Cyclones this season.
Kilpatrick played last season with Colorado College (NCAA), where he amassed 31 points on 15 goals and 16 assists in 36 games. Jimmy played four seasons at Colorado College and appeared in 148 games and collected 109 points on 37 goals and 72 assists. Twice in his career, Colorado College won the WCHA championship and last season he participated in the NCAA's Frozen Four Skills Challenge.
Cincinnati is currently the leader of the North Division with a 25-16-5 record. The club begins a six game southern road trip Friday night at Mississippi (8pm ET faceoff). The game will be carried on MAX-FM (97.7 and 99.5) with the pregame show starting at 7:45pm.
"Jimmy has made great strides in his game since the start of the season," Head Coach Chuck Weber said. "He has quickly emerged as one of the top young players in the ECHL."
Tickets for the 2008-09 Cincinnati Cyclones season are now on sale. The Cyclones Sales Department can be reached at 513-421-PUCK, extension 3. The Cyclones host the Dayton Bombers on February 20 and 21 for 7:30pm clashes both nights.
ECHL Stories from February 5, 2009
- Checkers can't hold back surging Gladiators, lose 4-3 - Charlotte Checkers
- Gladiators Clip Checkers 4-3 - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Ryan Kinasewich Loaned To Lake Erie - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads' Shelast loaned to Hamilton - Idaho Steelheads
- McLean Loaned to Lake Erie Monsters - Dayton Bombers
- James Sixsmith Goes Back To AHL, Milwaukee - Utah Grizzlies
- Condors acquire LaPointe from Dayton - Bakersfield Condors
- Goaltender Mannino Assigned By Islanders - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Steelheads Team up with Sliers to Benefit Pediatric Patients and Special Olympics Athletes - Idaho Steelheads
- Salmon Kings' Host Second Annual Pink In The Rink Night This Saturday - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Bombers Trade LaPointe to Bakersfield - Dayton Bombers
- ECHL Joins Hockey Weekend Across America Celebration - ECHL
- Jackals Weekend Preview - Elmira Jackals
- Cincinnati's Kilpatrick Is CCM ECHL Rookie Of The Month - ECHL
- Chiefs Announce USA Hockey Scavenger Hunt - Johnstown Chiefs
- Kilpatrick Named CCM ECHL Rookie of the Month - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Local Kids Benefit From Crosby Program - Wheeling Nailers
- Grizzlies' Kinasewich Is CCM ECHL Player Of The Month - ECHL
- Ryan Kinasewich Named ECHL Player Of The Month - Utah Grizzlies
- Inferno Bus Trip to Charlotte - Columbia Inferno
- Nailers Power Hour Returns Tonight - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Today - February 5 - ECHL
- Royals Bounced By Bombers, 4-2 - Reading Royals
- Alaska Unbeaten Streak Ends at Eight Games - Alaska Aces
- Thunder win third straight, surpass .500 mark - Stockton Thunder
- Idaho storms back on Condors for 4-3 win - Bakersfield Condors
- Salmon Kings Comeback Falls Short - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Steelheads Win In Bakersfield, 4-3 - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.