Coon Placed on Disabled List, Castillo and Jepsen RecalledJune 10, 2008 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) - Salt Lake Bees
Coon, 25, has appeared in 58 games for the Bees in 2008, hitting .306 with seven doubles, one triple, two home runs, 21 RBI and 11 stolen bases. The Euclid, Ohio native was originally selected by the Angels in the 15th round of the 2005 draft.
Castillo, 19, joins the Bees from extended spring training after a previous 12-game stint with single-A Cedar Rapids. The Caracas, Venezuela native hit .133 with four doubles and four RBI with the Kernels this season.
Jepsen, 23, has appeared in 25 games for the Travelers this season, owning a 2-1 record with a 1.42 ERA and 11 saves. The Anaheim, Calif. native was originally selected by the Angels in the second round of the 2002 draft.
The 41-21 Salt Lake Bees continue an eight-game home stand tonight against the Tacoma Rainiers at 7:05 p.m. at Franklin Covey Field. For more information about Bees season tickets, which start as low as $7 per game, please call (801) 325-BEES.
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 10, 2008
- Isotopes Rock Express, 12-3 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Buckner Throws Eight Scoreless in Sidewinders 6-1 Win - Tucson Sidewinders
- RedHawks steal a win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- RedHawks "Steal" 4-3 Win From Sounds - Nashville Sounds
- Cubs hold off late 'Birds rally - Memphis Redbirds
- Zephyrs one hit, walloped - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Padres Recall Joe Thatcher, Designate Wil Ledezma For Assignment - Portland Beavers
- Morales Named Angels Minor League Player of the Month - Salt Lake Bees
- Oklahoma RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Royals Game Notes - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Coon Placed on Disabled List, Castillo and Jepsen Recalled - Salt Lake Bees
- Houston Names Triple-A Player of the Month - Round Rock Express
- Principal Financial Group Family Fun Fest On June 28 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Express Survive Late Isotopes Rally - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.