Portland extends their winning streak to six!April 18, 2008 - Eastern League (EL) Portland Sea Dogs
Richardson, who is 7-0 dating back to 2007, allowed two runs on five hits while fanning six. The lefty joins Jose Vaquedano and Trenton's Jason Jones as the only 3-game winners in the Eastern League.
Binghamton starter Jake Ruckle was roughed up for six runs on eight hits in just four innings to take the loss for the Mets.
Bubba Bell extended Portland's lead to 6-1, blasting a two-out grand slam in the fourth inning. The Sea Dogs took a 2-0 lead in the first inning off Ruckle. Andrew Pinckney and Mark Wagner delivered RBI singles with two outs.
The 'Dogs added two runs in the sixth inning on a 2-run single by Iggy Suarez. The Portland shortstop went 2-for-4, 3 RBI and reached base four times.
Richardson has earned back-to-back quality starts and is the only Portland pitcher to work six innings this season.
Mike James allowed one run on two hits in two innings. Beau Vaughan worked a perfect ninth - striking out the side.
Wagner added three hits and scored a run. Jeff Corsaletti and Sean Danielson pitched in with two hits.
The Sea Dogs and B-Mets play day baseball on Saturday - game time is 1:05 PM. Justin Masterson looks for his first win of the season for Portland. Lefty Jonathon Niese will take the ball for Binghamton.
Notes...Bubba Bell's grand slam was the first since Dusty Brown hit one against Harrisburg on August 4, 2007...The Sea Dogs played error-free baseball for 38 innings until John Otness committed an error in the seventh.
Eastern League Stories from April 18, 2008
- Baysox Walk Off After Wild Finish - Bowie Baysox
- Aeros Tie, But Bowie Prevails in 10 - Akron Aeros
- B-Mets Drop Second Straight - Binghamton Mets
- Rock Cats fall to Thunder - New Britain Rock Cats
- Portland extends their winning streak to six! - Portland Sea Dogs
- Boone, Dorta enjoy huge nights, but Curve fall 13-4 to Erie - Altoona Curve
- Thunder defeat New Britain 8-4 behind Wright - Trenton Thunder
- Fisher Cats in Harrisburg - 5-4 in 11 innings Friday - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Sens win in walk-off fashion - Harrisburg Senators
- Thunder top Rock Cats 8-4 - New Britain Rock Cats
- SeaWolves Slam Curve 13-4 - Erie SeaWolves
- Defenders Win 1-0 - Connecticut Defenders
- Erie SeaWolves At Altoona Curve - Game Two Of Four - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Akron Aeros Game Notes - Akron Aeros
- MacDonald Promoted To Triple-A Syracuse/Vermilyea Returns To Fisher Cats - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Hammers, Wrenches And Nick Saban Part Of Curve's Salute To Tools Night - Altoona Curve
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.