The Pow-Wow Lineup Gets Gritty With Sgroi And KnightJanuary 28, 2008 - ECHL (ECHL) - Johnstown Chiefs
Chiefs' fans of all ages can see the show live from the Lower Works of the Johnstown Brewing Company Restaurant and Pub at 7:30 p.m. For those who miss the live show, a recording of "The Pow-Wow" will be available at www.johnstownchiefs.com.
Brought over in a trade from Pensacola on January 8, Sgroi has impressed fans with his combination of toughness and talent. In seven games with the Chiefs, the Toronto, Ontario native has picked up two goals and four assists along with 50 penalty minutes. The 29-year-old is in his eighth pro season, and is having his best year point-wise with 14 goals and 14 assists in 33 games.
Knight is in his third professional season, and first with the Chiefs. Also from Toronto, Ontario, Knight is second among Chiefs defensemen in points with three goals and 12 assists, and second on the team in penalty minutes with 82. Knight spent four games earlier this season with the Binghamton Senators, but did not record a point in four games.
After the show is over, fans are invited to stay for an informal meet-and-greet with the players who will be available for pictures and/or autographs. Throughout the night the Johnstown Brewing Company will be offering their full menu, including their weekly Thursday special, BBQ Night.
The Chiefs' next home game is on February 2 when Dayton comes to town for AAA Night. All AAA members can receive discounted tickets at the War Memorial box office by showing their membership cards. If you can't make that game, be sure to come out for Pittsburgh Steelers Pride Night at 1:00 p.m. on February 3. All fans wearing Pittsburgh Steelers attire will receive a $1.00 discount on tickets at the box office. Great seats are still available at the UPMC Health Plan Ice Rink. Call 536-5156 or go to www.johnstownchiefs.com to get yours today!
ECHL Stories from January 28, 2008
- Bakersfield gaining ground in National Conference - Bakersfield Condors
- Steelheads Off The Hook - Idaho Steelheads
- RoadRunners nail down California split - Phoenix RoadRunners
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Bakersfield Gaining Ground In National Conference - Bakersfield Condors
- Gulutzan Wins 200th, Wranglers Sweep Grizzlies - Las Vegas Wranglers
- The Pow-Wow Lineup Gets Gritty With Sgroi And Knight - Johnstown Chiefs
- Marlies return Cashman, Doig and Wellar - Columbia Inferno
- Wheeling Nailers to host "Shred Rodriguez" Night - Wheeling Nailers
- All For One... - Reading Royals
- ECHL This Week - ECHL
- '06 Kelly Cup champion calls it a career after seven seasons - Alaska Aces
- Sea Wolves Weekly - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Bombers Weekly Update - Dayton Bombers
- Devils Continue To Enjoy Home Cooking - Trenton Devils
- Cyclones Drop Ticket Prices - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Salmon Kings Receive Gajic Back From Moose - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Weekly Arrowhead - Johnstown Chiefs
- Jackals Journal - Elmira Jackals
- Fresno Falcons Weekly - Fresno Falcons
- Cyclones Have 20/20 Vision - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Inferno Weekly - Columbia Inferno
- Ice Pilots Weekly - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Everblades Weekly - Florida Everblades
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Aces rally, then see third period lead evaporate in 7-5 loss - Alaska Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.