Tides SurgeJuly 26, 2007 - International League (IL) - Durham Bulls
LHP Jeff Ridgway (1-3) tried to close out the game in the ninth inning, but an RBI-single from Alberto Castillo tied the game at one. With two outs, Ridgway struck out Adam Stern, but catcher Josh Johnson dropped the ball and made a wild throw to first to keep the inning alive. Luis Montanez took advantage of the opportunity and hit a two-RBI single to score two unearned runs. J.R. House then hit an RBI-ground rule double to make the score 4-1.
After surrendering just two hits and four walks while striking out three, Howell was relieved by RHP Seth McClung who pitched a scoreless eighth inning. LHP Garrett Olson was impressive for Norfolk allowing just one run on six hits and two walks while striking out eight to give him a total of 110 on the year and pass Bulls' RHP Jeff Niemann (108) for the league lead. The only run he allowed came in the second inning when Jeremy Owens hit an RBI-triple to score Jorge Velandia from first with two outs.
The Bulls and Tides will conclude the series on Friday night at 7 PM at the Durham Bulls Athletic Park. For tickets, go to www.durhambulls.com or call the box office at (919) 956-BULL.
International League Stories from July 26, 2007
- Columbus Scores 5-3 Win Over Indianapolis - Indianapolis Indians
- Braves Win 2-0 - Gwinnett Braves
- Tides Surge - Durham Bulls
- Indians Return To Victory Field Saturday - Indianapolis Indians
- R-Braves Game Notes - Gwinnett Braves
- Wings Timely With Win - Rochester Red Wings
- IL News And Notes - IL
- Bullet Points: Bulls back in contention for playoffs - Durham Bulls
- Moran Runs Into Lynx Lineup - Ottawa Lynx
- Bisons Notes - Buffalo Bisons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.