Erbe, Bats Shine In 7-5 WinJune 5, 2007 - Carolina League (CarL) - Frederick Keys Press Release
Erbe dazzled, striking out a career-high 11 batters while in eight innings of work before giving way to the pen with a five-run lead. His eight innings was also a career-high and Erbe accomplished the feat in just 89 pitches. This after he had worked just nine innings in his last four starts.
Frederick broke a 2-2 tie in the seventh inning when Arturo Rivas' RBI double broke open the inning. All-in-all the Keys would send nine men to the plate, scoring three runs to lead 5-2.
Four different Keys had multi-hit games led by 3B Ryan Finan who went 3-for-5 with two RBI's. LF Jonathan Tucker, RF Arturo Rivas and DH Pete Maestrales each had two hits on the night. Maestrales reached base in all five trips working two walks and being hit by a pitch. C Brian Bock stroked his fourth home run of the year in the second inning.
With the win the Keys trail Lynchburg by 3.5 games with eleven games remaining in the first half.
The series concludes Wednesday night at 7:00 p.m. at Harry Grove Stadium. For tickets contact the Keys Ticket Office at 1-877-8-GO-KEYS or purchase online at frederickkeys.com.
Carolina League Stories from June 5, 2007
- Blue Rocks Take Two Steps Back In Doubleheader Sweep - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- K-Tribe takes two - Kinston Indians
- Pelicans Rally in Dramatic Fashion, Beat Lynchburg 5-3 - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Erbe, Bats Shine In 7-5 Win - Frederick Keys
- Rally Fall Short as Frederick Holds Off Hogs 7-5 - Winston-Salem Dash
- Potomac wins rain-shortened game - Salem Red Sox
- Myrtle Beach Pelicans Game Notes - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Lynchburg Hillcats Game Notes - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Mortimer Moving Up - Potomac Nationals
- Blue Rocks Game Notes - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Batman's Adam West To Make Special Guest Appearance At Pelicans Game Tonight - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Mitch Einertson named Topps Carolina League Player of the Month - Salem Red Sox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.