Wranglers Win First Game of Season 6-5 Over RoadrunnersOctober 25, 2006 - ECHL (ECHL) Las Vegas Wranglers
Las Vegas opened the scoring as defenseman Jason Jozsa blasted a shot from the point, beating Phoenix goaltender Josh Tordjman for a power-play goal at 3:19 for the 1-0 Wranglers lead. Phoenix countered with a five-on-three power-play goal at 6:13, Scott May scored his first goal of the period to tie the game at one. The Wranglers opened up a two-goal lead with a few more power-play goals. The first one at 10:01 came off the stick of winger Joe Tallari, who scored on a centering pass from Kelly Czuy for the 2-1 lead. Las Vegas extended their lead to 3-1 when Nick Anderson redirected a Marco Peluso shot for his first goal of the season at 14:47. Phoenix trimmed the Las Vegas lead to 3-2 when May scored his second of the night at 15:29. The Roadrunners lost starting goaltender Josh Tordjman at 15:40 of the first period due to an injury. Emergency back-up goaltender Kevin Reiter was called into duty for the remainder of the game.
In the second period, Las Vegas opened up a three-goal lead with two goals in the first 6:57 of play. Winger Adam Cracknell scored at 1:21, the first goal of the season for the rookie opened up a 4-2 lead for Las Vegas. At 6:57, the Wranglers extended their lead to 5-2 when rookie Kelly Czuy tallied his first professional goal on a feed from Joe Tallari. The Roadrunners cut the Las Vegas lead to 5-3 at 8:58 when Lance Monych beat Marc Magliarditi with a backhander.
In the third period, Phoenix scored two goals in 28-seconds to tie the game at five goals per team. Just 21-seconds into the third period, Brett Smith cut the Wranglers lead to 5-4. At the 53-second marker Travis Lisabeth tied the game at five with his second goal of the season for Phoenix. Las Vegas scored the game-winning goal at 4:24 as Lucas Lawson tipped in a loose puck rebound for his second goal of the season and 6-5 Wranglers win.
The Wranglers will head to Utah for two straight in Salt Lake City on Friday and Saturday night at 7:11 pm.
The Wranglers play all 36 home games at the Orleans Arena, located at the Orleans Hotel and Casino at 4500 W. Tropicana Avenue. The Wranglers host the Victoria Salmon Kings for the home opener on Friday, November 3rd at 7:05 pm. Seat packages to see the Wranglers play at the Orleans Arena for the upcoming 2006-07 season are now on sale, starting as low as $157. Call (702) 471-PUCK (7825) for more information or visit www.lasvegaswranglers.com.
ECHL Stories from October 25, 2006
- Wranglers deal Williams to Idaho - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Roadrunners Lose Tordjman to Injury, Game to Vegas 6-5 - OSC Original by Andrew Nordmeier
- Robinson granted family medical leave - Alaska Aces
- "Pink In The Rink" Saturday At The E-Center - Utah Grizzlies
- Doug Christiansen Returned To Royals - Reading Royals
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Checkers' Jamieson Goes For History Thursday - ECHL
- RoadRunners Celebrate - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Falcons Announce Plans for team's first ever Pink Jersey Night - Fresno Falcons
- Storm Will Host Pair of Hockey Clinics - Toledo Walleye
- Chiefs' Anzalone Reaches 300 Victories - ECHL
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Las Vegas Wins Wild One, 6-5 Over RoadRunners - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Wranglers Win First Game of Season 6-5 Over Roadrunners - Las Vegas Wranglers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.