Providence Bruins sign Andrew AlbertsApril 1, 2005 - American Hockey League (AHL) Providence Bruins
We are very excited to be able to add a prospect of the caliber of Andrew Alberts, said Bruins head coach Scott Gordon. He brings good skill and size to our defense corps, and hopefully hell help us in our quest to make the playoffs and win the Calder Cup.
The 64, 215-pound Alberts was the Boston Bruins fifth pick (sixth round), 179th overall, in the 2001 NHL Entry Draft. He entered Boston College in the 2001-02 season, and led the team as a sophomore with a +16 rating. Alberts had a breakout year during his 2003-04 junior season, being named a First-Team All-American and Hockey East Second-Team All-Star. He was also the co-recipient of the Hockey East Best Defensive Defenseman award.
Alberts posted 16-50-66 totals and 243 PIM in 149 games from 2001-05. He played in all 119 games during his first three seasons, before missing 10 games this season due to a knee injury.
The Providence Bruins visit the Manchester Monarchs tonight at 7:35 p.m., before visiting Lowell on Saturday night at 7:00 p.m. Both games can be heard live on WDDZ AM-550, and online at www.providencebruins.com.
The Bruins return home to host Manchester on Sunday, April 3 at 4:05 p.m.
Sundays game will be a McDonalds Family 4-Pack night, with fans being able to purchase four tickets and four McDonalds Extra Value Meals, for just $48. McDonalds Family 4-Packs can be only be purchased by calling the Bruins at (401) 273-5000, or by logging on to the team website, www.providencebruins.com. McDonalds Family 4-Packs are not sold on game days.
Tickets for Sunday, as well as all regular season Providence Bruins games, are available online at www.providencebruins.com, all TicketMaster outlets (401-331-2211 or 508/617-931-2000) and the Dunkin Donuts Center Providence box office. Information on season ticket plans can be obtained by calling the P-Bruins ticket office at (401) 273-5000 or by logging on to the team website.
American Hockey League Stories from April 1, 2005
- Utah claws past Griffins in shootout, 2-1 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Toivonen Holds Off Monarchs; Bs Win In A Shootout - Manchester Monarchs
- Falcons Fall in Overtime to Wolf Pack - Springfield Falcons
- Utah Grizzlies defeat Grand Rapids Griffins - Utah Grizzlies
- Lupul's three goals do trick over Rampage - Cincinnati RailRaiders
- Sens hold first place with shootout win - Binghamton Senators
- Toivonen huge in shootout win - Providence Bruins
- Papineau Power Sound Tigers Past Norfolk 7-3 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Phantoms edge Hershey 4-3 - Adirondack Phantoms
- Lupul named National City Mighty Ducks Player of the Month - Cincinnati RailRaiders
- Lehtonen Named Goalie of the Month for the Second Time This Season - Chicago Wolves
- Pirates Statement on Civic Center Lease Negotiations - Portland Pirates
- Rampage Game Day - San Antonio Rampage
- Bieksa named AHL Rookie of the Month for March - Manitoba Moose
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- Amerks' game sold out - Rochester Americans
- Saturday Is Another Original Six Night - Cleveland Barons
- Phantoms' Little wins CCM AHL Milestone of the Month award - AHL
- Wolves' Lehtonen named Koho AHL Goaltender of the Month - AHL
- Moose's Bieksa named Reebok AHL Rookie of the Month - AHL
- Providence Bruins sign Andrew Alberts - Providence Bruins
- Lock Monsters assign Matt Hendricks - Albany Devils
- Maple Leafs' road game April 3 moved to Buffalo - Toronto Marlies
- Bears look to keep hope alive tonight in Philadelphia - Hershey Bears
- Grizzlies Sign Boston College Star David Spina - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.