Zerpa and Murdock Shutout Pulaski in Game 1
Angel Zerpa and Noah Murdock throw combined shutout as the Burlington Royals snatch the first game of a three-game playoff series with a 6-0 win over the Pulaski Yankees.
A third inning three-run homerun by Royals' designated hitter Michael Massey gave Burlington an early lead, protected by their starting pitcher, Angel Zerpa. Zerpa's five inning outing consisting of seven punchouts and two hits. Noah Murdock was credited with the save, entering the game with a 3-0 lead in the bottom of the sixth inning. Murdock fanned six Yankees' batters, capping off the win by striking out the side in the ninth.
The Royals head to Pulaski for the second game against the Yankees in the Appalachian League East Finals, only needing to win one of the next two to advance.
• Discuss this story on the Appalachian League message board...
Appalachian League Stories from August 30, 2019
- Yankees Shutout in Playoff Opener - Pulaski Yankees
- Cards Look to Even Divisional Series Saturday vs. Bristol - Johnson City Cardinals
- Zerpa and Murdock Shutout Pulaski in Game 1 - Burlington Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Burlington Royals Stories
- "Keep Hope. Never Give Up." the Mission Statement of Kort Peterson's Life
- After Losing his Mom, Brhet Bewley Hears her Every Step of the Way
- New Ownership & Front Office of the Burlington Royals AnnouncedÃÂ
- For the Health of the Players, and Love for the Game... That's Brad Groleau.
- Royals Agree to Terms with 14 Players on Contracts for 2020