Yard Goats Announce College Baseball Coming Back to Dunkin' Donuts Park
(Hartford, CT) The Hartford Yard Goats Baseball Club, the Double-A Eastern League affiliate of the Colorado Rockies, announced that it has scheduled seven Division I college baseball games at Dunkin' Donuts Park this spring. It is the third straight season that college baseball has been featured at the Yard Goats award winning ballpark. This spring, three local Division I programs will be on display as the University of Connecticut Huskies, University of Hartford Hawks, and Central Connecticut State University Blue Devils will play games at Dunkin' Donuts Park.
The college baseball schedule at Dunkin' Donuts Park begins on Friday, April 5th as the UConn Huskies host the Cincinnati Bearcats at 7:05 PM. The two teams will play again the following day on Saturday, April 6th at 2:05 PM. The Huskies will play two other games at Dunkin' Donuts Park and host the Wichita State Shockers on consecutive days, Friday, May 3rd at 7:05 PM and Saturday, May 4th at 2:05 PM. The Hartford Hawks host the University of Rhode Island Rams on Wednesday, April 17th at 6:05 PM, the Central Connecticut State University Blue Devils on Tuesday, May 7th at 10:35 AM, and the LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds on Tuesday, May 14th at 6:05 PM.
The UConn vs Cincinnati game on April 5th will be the first game played at Dunkin' Donuts Park this season, six days before the Yard Goats 2019 home opener on April 11th against the New Hampshire Fisher Cats (Toronto Blue Jays affiliate). Dunkin' Donuts Park was named "Best Double-A ballpark in America," for the second straight year by Ballpark Digest. It is the first time that a minor league ballpark has won the award in consecutive seasons.
Tickets will go on sale tomorrow at 9:00 AM (February 22nd) and may be purchased on the Yard Goats website (yardgoatsbaseball.com), over the phone (860-246-4628) or in person by visiting the Click It or Ticket Box Office at Dunkin' Donuts Park. Tickets start at $10.
College Baseball Schedule at Dunkin' Donuts Park
Friday, April 5th UConn Huskies vs Cincinnati Bearcats (7:05 PM)
Saturday, April 6th UConn Huskies vs Cincinnati Bearcats (2:05 PM)
Wednesday, April 17th Hartford Hawks vs University of Rhode Island Rams (6:05 PM)
Friday, May 3rd UConn Huskies vs Wichita State Shockers (7:05 PM)
Saturday, May 4th UConn Huskies vs Wichita State Shockers (2:05 PM)
Tuesday, May 7th Hartford Hawks vs CCSU Blue Devils (10:35 AM)
Tuesday, May 14th Hartford Hawks vs LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds (6:05 PM)
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from February 21, 2019
- Eastern League Announces Change to Split-Season Format - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Eastern League Announces Split-Season Format - Portland Sea Dogs
- Fightins to Play Split-Season Format Beginning in 2019 - Reading Fightin Phils
- Yard Goats Announce College Baseball Coming Back to Dunkin' Donuts Park - Hartford Yard Goats
- Eastern League to Change to Split Season Format - EL
- Star Wars Night Returns to New Hampshire on July 27 - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hartford Yard Goats Stories
- Yard Goats to Once Again Host Connecticut's Largest Halloween Trick Or Treat Event
- Yard Goats Recognized for Two Major Awards by Eastern League
- Yard Goats Season Recap
- Yard Goats INF Tyler Nevin Named Eastern League Player of Month
- Yard Goats Rally Falls Short in 4-3 Loss