Wranglers Show Appreciation For Armed Forces
AUSTIN-On Monday, April 23, representatives from the Arena Football League's Austin Wranglers will visit Soldiers of the 3d Armored Cavalry Regiment on Fort Hood as a way to demonstrate the team's appreciation for the Army and the Armed Forces.
Wranglers' coaches, players and front office staff will spend the entire day at Fort Hood, beginning at 9 a.m. and commencing at 3 p.m.
During the visit, the Wranglers will have the opportunity to see the following first hand: An Abrams tank, Bradley Fighting Vehicle, Apache and Black Hawk helicopters. They will also get to tour the facility that houses the Bradley and Abrams simulators. Testing their skills at weaponry, the Wranglers will get to shoot weapons at the Enhanced Skills Trainer, a video training program for Soldiers' personal weapons.
At the conclusion of the days visit, their will be a meet and greet along with an opportunity for autographs and pictures with the Wranglers and Soldiers.
A complete itinerary for Monday is attached to this email.
In conjunction with Monday's visit, the Austin Wranglers are hosting a Military Appreciation Night during their home game Sunday, May 27 against the Philadelphia Soul.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League (1987-2008) message board...
Arena Football League (1987-2008) Stories from April 20, 2007
- Rattlers Extinguish Blaze 83-69 - Arizona Rattlers
- Reed, Saintil Suit Up For First Time On '07 - San Jose SaberCats
- Wranglers Show Appreciation For Armed Forces - Austin Wranglers
- Rush Adds Mager In Time For Weekend In Grand Rapids - Chicago Rush
- Rampage Welcome Defending Champion Chicago Tomorrow - Grand Rapids Rampage
- Philadelphia And Columbus Have Fate On Their Side - AFL I
- Soul Sign Clint Stoerner, Activate Three Players - Philadelphia Soul
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.