Worcester Railers HC Announce Season-Ending Roster
WORCESTER, MA - The Worcester Railers Hockey Club (@RailersHC), proud ECHL(@ECHL) affiliate of the New York Islanders (@NYIslanders), and Railers HC General Manager and Head Coach Jamie Russell (@JamieRussell18) officially announced today the season-ending roster, which includes 18 players.
Defensemen (8): Ben Masella, Connor Doherty, Kyle McKenzie, Tommy Panico, Ryan MacKinnon, Justin Hamonic, Patrick McNally, Justin Agosta
Forwards (9): Dylan Willick, Nick Saracino, Woody Hudson, T.J. Syner, Frank DiChiara, Barry Almeida, Jake Randolph, Chris Langkow, Tommy Kelley
Goalies (1): Mitch Gillam
Season-Ending Rosters may include up to 20 players. Season-Ending Rosters cannot include any players who did not sign an ECHL contract in 2017-18.
Each team is entitled to reserve rights to a maximum of eight players from the list of 20 by extending a qualifying offer no later than June 30. Of the eight qualified players, no more than four can be veterans (260 regular season professional hockey games played as of the start of the 2018-19 Season). Players on open qualifying offers cannot be traded. Teams are not required to extend a qualifying offer to players who sign a contract prior to July 1.
The qualifying offer must remain open for acceptance until Aug. 1 at which time the qualifying offer becomes null and void and the team may sign the qualified player to any salary or may elect to take no further action. Teams that extend a valid qualifying offer to a non-veteran player shall retain the rights to that qualified player for one playing season.
A team that extends a valid qualifying offer to a veteran player, or to a goaltender who has played more than 180 regular-season games, will retain the rights to that player until Aug. 1. After Aug. 1, if the veteran player or goaltender is not signed to a contract by the team, the veteran or goaltender shall be deemed a restricted free agent and shall be entitled to seek and secure offers of employment from other ECHL teams. Restricted free agents may not be traded. When a restricted free agent receives a contract offer from a team other than the team with the player's rights and the restricted free agent wishes to accept the contract offer, the restricted free agent and the offering member must, within 24 hours, notify the ECHL, the team with the player's rights and the Professional Hockey Players' Association. The member with the player's rights shall have seven days after the date it is notified to exercise its right to match the contract offer.
If a restricted free agent is not signed to either an offer sheet or a contract by an ECHL team by Aug. 31, the player shall be deemed an unrestricted free agent.
The Worcester Railers HC 2018-19 home opener at the DCU Center is Saturday, October 20 vs. the Maine Mariners. The only way to secure your spot to opening night is by purchasing a season membership, flex package or a group outing by contacting the Railers HC front office at 508-365-1750 or by visiting www.RailersHC.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from June 18, 2018
- Marchment, Harms, Misiak, Maxwell: First Four Re-Signed for 18-19 - Utah Grizzlies
- Komets Open 2018-19 Roster with Pair of Signings - Fort Wayne Komets
- Everblades Announce 2017-18 Season Ending Roster - Florida Everblades
- McParland Agrees to Terms with Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Worcester Railers HC Re-Sign Forward Barry Almeida for 2018-19 Season - Worcester Railers HC
- Cyclones Release Season-Ending Roster - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Worcester Railers HC Announce Season-Ending Roster - Worcester Railers HC
- Royals Announce Season-Ending Roster - Reading Royals
- Swamp Rabbits Announce End of Season Roster - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Announces Season-Ending Rosters - ECHL
- Walleye Announce Season Ending Roster - Toledo Walleye
- Solar Bears Announce 2017-18 Season-Ending Roster - Orlando Solar Bears
- Adirondack Announces Season-Ending Roster - Adirondack Thunder
- Admirals Release Season Ending Roster - Norfolk Admirals
- Nailers Announce Season-Ending Roster - Wheeling Nailers
- South Carolina Announces 2017-18 Season Ending Roster - South Carolina Stingrays
- IceMen Announce Season-Ending Roster - Jacksonville IceMen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Worcester Railers HC Stories
- Worcester Railers HC Announce Exhibition Schedule
- Five Players Who Saw Time in Worcester Last Season Participating in NY Islanders Rookie Camp
- Worcester Railers HC Single-Game Tickets on Sale Now
- Worcester Railers HC Add Defenseman and Forward to Roster
- Worcester Railers HC Announce Promotion and Front Office Addition