Worcester Railers HC Re-Sign Forward Barry Almeida for 2018-19 Season
WORCESTER, MA - The Worcester Railers Hockey Club (@RailersHC), proud ECHL (@ECHL) affiliate of the New York Islanders (@NYIslanders), and Railers HC General Manager and Head Coach Jamie Russell (@JamieRussell18) officially announced today that the club has signed forward Barry Almeida to an ECHL contract for the 2018-19 season.
The 29-year-old returns to Worcester after leading the club offensively last season with 22 goals, 39 assists for 61 points in 68 games. Barry added three goals and an assist in six playoff games in 2018.
The 5-foot-8, 180lb forward from Springfield, MA is entering his seventh professional season. Barry was a member of the 2013 Reading Royals Kelly Cup Championship team and appeared in 15 playoff games, recording six points (4-2-6). He has a career total of 254 games played in the ECHL (89-110-199, 159 PIM), with a career high of 29 goals with the Utah Grizzlies in 2015-16. Before turning pro, Almeida played four seasons with the Boston College Eagles, winning two national championships in 2010 and 2012. He was a USHL Clark Cup Champion with the Omaha Lancers in 2008.
"We are excited to kick off our signings for the upcoming season with the inking of last year's leading scorer for the Railers, Barry Almeida," said Russell. "Barry has high end skill, produces points and is a terrific teammate."
The Worcester Railers HC 2018-19 home opener at the DCU Center is Saturday, October 20 vs. the Maine Mariners. The only way to secure your spot to opening night is by purchasing a season membership, flex package or a group outing by contacting the Railers HC front office at 508-365-1750 or by visiting www.RailersHC.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from June 18, 2018
- Marchment, Harms, Misiak, Maxwell: First Four Re-Signed for 18-19 - Utah Grizzlies
- Komets Open 2018-19 Roster with Pair of Signings - Fort Wayne Komets
- Everblades Announce 2017-18 Season Ending Roster - Florida Everblades
- McParland Agrees to Terms with Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Worcester Railers HC Re-Sign Forward Barry Almeida for 2018-19 Season - Worcester Railers HC
- Cyclones Release Season-Ending Roster - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Worcester Railers HC Announce Season-Ending Roster - Worcester Railers HC
- Royals Announce Season-Ending Roster - Reading Royals
- Swamp Rabbits Announce End of Season Roster - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Announces Season-Ending Rosters - ECHL
- Walleye Announce Season Ending Roster - Toledo Walleye
- Solar Bears Announce 2017-18 Season-Ending Roster - Orlando Solar Bears
- Adirondack Announces Season-Ending Roster - Adirondack Thunder
- Admirals Release Season Ending Roster - Norfolk Admirals
- Nailers Announce Season-Ending Roster - Wheeling Nailers
- South Carolina Announces 2017-18 Season Ending Roster - South Carolina Stingrays
- IceMen Announce Season-Ending Roster - Jacksonville IceMen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Worcester Railers HC Stories
- Railers Battle Back Twice But Fall 4-3 in Overtime to Solar Bears
- Railers Offense Shines Bright in 5-1 Home Win over Solar Bears
- Railers Win Second Straight Via the Shootout with 2-1 Victory over Thunder
- Railers School Royals in Shootout in Front of 6,043 on Wednesday Morning
- Railers 2.0 Host Four Promotion Packed Games at the DCU Center this Week