McParland Agrees to Terms with Steelheads
Boise, ID - Steelheads Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations Neil Graham announced on Monday that the Idaho Steelheads and forward Steve McParland have agreed to terms on an ECHL contract for the 2018-19 season. McParland becomes the first roster addition announced for 2018-19, returning for his second season in Idaho.
McParland, 27, prepares for his third professional season. The Schreiber, Ontario native led the Steelheads with 31 goals during his first campaign in Boise, and ranked third on the team with 57 points in 68 ECHL games. McParland also added three goals and five points in 11 playoff games.
"I'm excited to be back," said McParland. "Boise was an awesome place to play, and I'm looking forward to another season and building on what we accomplished last year."
The 5-foot-11 forward was just the eleventh Steelhead in the ECHL era to score 30 goals in a season, netting 18 goals at CenturyLink Arena. McParland also led the Steelheads with a plus-23 rating, nine power play goals, and three shorthanded goals. He ranked seventh in the ECHL in power play goals and tied for sixth in shorthanded tallies.
"We're elated to bring Steve back to Boise for another season. He is a big part of our team identity," said Graham. "He plays fast and has the ability to push the pace for our group."
McParland also earned a professional tryout agreement with the Texas Stars during the year, appearing in one AHL game with the Stars in March. With the Steelheads, McParland had three separate points streaks of five games or more.
"He has a hard shot and was a major contributor to our success last season," said Graham. "We expect him to continue to grow this year."
McParland has appeared in 131 ECHL games across two-plus seasons with Idaho, South Carolina, and Elmira, totaling 51 goals, 108 points, and a plus-28 rating. He represented the Stingrays at the 2017 ECHL All-Star Classic during his rookie season. McParland has also skated in seven AHL games with Texas, Chicago, and the Binghamton Senators, earning an assist.
Prior to turning pro, McParland played four seasons of NCAA Division I hockey at Providence College, collecting 14 goals and 44 points in 129 games and winning a National Championship in 2015.
Season ticket packages for the 2018-19 season are on sale now. To purchase your seats for Steelheads hockey, contact the Steelheads front office at 383-0080 or visit idahosteelheads.com.
Images from this story
Idaho Steelheads forward Steve McParland
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from June 18, 2018
- Marchment, Harms, Misiak, Maxwell: First Four Re-Signed for 18-19 - Utah Grizzlies
- Komets Open 2018-19 Roster with Pair of Signings - Fort Wayne Komets
- Everblades Announce 2017-18 Season Ending Roster - Florida Everblades
- McParland Agrees to Terms with Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Worcester Railers HC Re-Sign Forward Barry Almeida for 2018-19 Season - Worcester Railers HC
- Cyclones Release Season-Ending Roster - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Worcester Railers HC Announce Season-Ending Roster - Worcester Railers HC
- Royals Announce Season-Ending Roster - Reading Royals
- Swamp Rabbits Announce End of Season Roster - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Announces Season-Ending Rosters - ECHL
- Walleye Announce Season Ending Roster - Toledo Walleye
- Solar Bears Announce 2017-18 Season-Ending Roster - Orlando Solar Bears
- Adirondack Announces Season-Ending Roster - Adirondack Thunder
- Admirals Release Season Ending Roster - Norfolk Admirals
- Nailers Announce Season-Ending Roster - Wheeling Nailers
- South Carolina Announces 2017-18 Season Ending Roster - South Carolina Stingrays
- IceMen Announce Season-Ending Roster - Jacksonville IceMen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.