Woodchucks End Season with a Win
Wausau, WIS- The Wisconsin Woodchucks played their final game of the season on the road against the Lakeshore Chinooks tonight. A pitching battle started the game heading into the fourth inning where the Chucks bats started on fire. With RBI's and homeruns the Chucks led the Chinooks 6-0. Mike Ferri started the RBI trend with a RBI single bringing in Nick Loftin. Following Ferri, Nelson also had a RBI single bringing in Derenzo. Tommy Duddleston got out due to a fielder's choice play to first base but did bring in Mike Ferri.
Chucks pitching was just a hot as the bats as the Woodchucks shut out the Chinooks. Joey Hennessey was the starting pitcher and led 3 scoreless innings. Frank Frate came in to pitch in the 5th inning and pitched for one inning but kept the Chinooks from scoring. DJ Moreland came in the 6th inning and kept the streak for scoreless innings. He pitched for one inning. Following Moreland Mason Cole came into pitch in the 7th inning and pitching for one inning. Going into the 8th inning Javier Valdes comes in for his first pitching appearance of the Woodchucks season. Lenny Gwizdala was the last pitcher of the night.
Peter Ahn was part of the hot bats in the fourth inning. He had a huge hit for the Chucks with a three run homerun. Javier Valdes also had some great hits with a single in the 5th and 8th inning. Valdes also had a great play throwing out the Chinooks player out at home! The 8th inning also was huge with hits as Reese Alexiades had a RBI single along with Nick Loftin having an RBI single right after that! The final score of the game was 8-1 really showing how great the Woodchucks batting and pitching was!
Just because the Woodchucks are done does not mean we stop having fun at Athletic Park. Join us on August 18th for Food Truck and Beer Festival. The event starts at 4:30 pm to 8:00 pm and will be held on the baseball field. The event will feature reginal food trucks, beer and cider samplings, yard games, and live music by This Side Up! For more information and tickets visit woodchucks.com or call the front office at 715.845.5055!
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 12, 2018
- Woodchucks End Season with a Win - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Rafters Win Season Finale - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Kalamazoo Growlers End Season with Rivalry Cup Win - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Bullfrogs Fall to Rafters in Season Finale - Green Bay Booyah
- Stingers Finish up Historic Regular Season in Style - Willmar Stingers
- Rox Finish 2018 Season with 9-2 Win - St. Cloud Rox
- Mallards Set Single Season Record with 49th Win - Madison Mallards
- Duluth Knocks off Bismarck to Finish Regular Season - Duluth Huskies
- Dock Spiders Fall in Final Regular Season Meeting to Mallards - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Bucks End Season with 6-4 Loss to Honkers - Waterloo Bucks
- Stingers Playoff Tickets on Sale - Willmar Stingers
- Honkers End Season on High Note - Rochester Honkers
- Rivets Lose Season Finale - Rockford Rivets
- Northwoods League Announces 2018 Postseason All-Star Team - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Rafters Close Season in Green Bay - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Two Rox Pitchers Voted Postseason All-Stars, Hughes Named Announcer of Year - St. Cloud Rox
- Northwoods League Announces 2018 Postseason All-Star Team - Northwoods
- Stingers Defeat Border Cats to Start Final Series of the Season - Willmar Stingers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.