Northwoods League Announces 2018 Postseason All-Star Team
August 12, 2018 - Northwoods League (Northwoods) News Release
Rochester, Minn. - The Northwoods League announced the 2018 Postseason All-Star Team and award winners on Sunday, August 12. Duluth second baseman Augie Isaacson was named the League's Most Valuable Player and Eau Claire's Justin Slaten was named Pitcher of the Year as voted by the League's coaches and members of the media. Donnie Scott from Madison was named the Manager of the Year and Justin Berg from Kenosha won the Coach of the Year Award.
Duluth Huskies second baseman Augie Isaacson (Friends University) was named the Northwoods League Most Valuable Player. Isaacson, a junior, was a 2018 mid-season All-Star and was chosen for the Major League Dreams Showcase where he went 3 for 4 with a double and a stolen base. He currently leads the league in batting average at .365 and steals with 39. Isaacson is a native of New Prague, Minnesota.
Eau Claire Express right-handed pitcher Justin Slaten (University of New Mexico) was named the Northwoods League Pitcher of the Year. Slaten, a sophomore, appeared in 11 games, won a league high seven games and led the league with league low 1.58 ERA. He also struck out a league high 70 batters in 57 innings. Slaten was a mid-season All-Star selection and chosen as well to play in the Major League Dreams Showcase. Slaten is from Longview, Texas.
Mankato MoonDogs first baseman Kyle MacDonald (Arkansas State) was also selected for the Postseason All-Star Team and is currently leading the league in home runs with 16 and RBI with 75.
Isaacson, Slaten and MacDonald are among the 32 players selected to the NWL's Postseason All-Star team.
The Madison Mallards led all teams with five selections while the La Crosse Loggers and the Mankato MoonDogs each had three players selected.
In his sixth season, Donnie Scott of the Madison Mallards is the 2018 Manager of the Year. The Mallards currently have the best overall record in the league at 48-23 and were the First-Half Champions in the South Division.
Justin Berg earned the award for 2018 Coach of the Year in the Northwoods League. The former Major League pitcher is in his first season as the Pitching Coach for the Second-Half South Division Champion Kenosha Kingfish.
Jared Cohen of the Wisconsin Woodchucks and Evan Hughes of the St. Cloud Rox were recognized by their peers as Play-by-Play Announcers of the Year.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 12, 2018
- Woodchucks End Season with a Win - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Rafters Win Season Finale - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Kalamazoo Growlers End Season with Rivalry Cup Win - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Bullfrogs Fall to Rafters in Season Finale - Green Bay Booyah
- Stingers Finish up Historic Regular Season in Style - Willmar Stingers
- Rox Finish 2018 Season with 9-2 Win - St. Cloud Rox
- Mallards Set Single Season Record with 49th Win - Madison Mallards
- Duluth Knocks off Bismarck to Finish Regular Season - Duluth Huskies
- Dock Spiders Fall in Final Regular Season Meeting to Mallards - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Bucks End Season with 6-4 Loss to Honkers - Waterloo Bucks
- Stingers Playoff Tickets on Sale - Willmar Stingers
- Honkers End Season on High Note - Rochester Honkers
- Rivets Lose Season Finale - Rockford Rivets
- Northwoods League Announces 2018 Postseason All-Star Team - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Rafters Close Season in Green Bay - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Two Rox Pitchers Voted Postseason All-Stars, Hughes Named Announcer of Year - St. Cloud Rox
- Northwoods League Announces 2018 Postseason All-Star Team - Northwoods
- Stingers Defeat Border Cats to Start Final Series of the Season - Willmar Stingers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.