Wolves Acquire Defenceman Dylan Robinson
(Greater Sudbury, ON) The Sudbury Wolves announce that they have acquired 19-year-old defenceman Dylan Robinson from the Windsor Spitfires in exchange for defenceman Nathan Ribau and Sudbury's third round draft pick in 2025.
"We are very happy and excited to add Dylan to our hockey team," said Sudbury Wolves VP & General Manager Rob Papineau. "We really felt a need to add a player like Dylan who brings skill in a large frame and size to our back end, as he stands at 6'5", 210lbs. He is a good skater, makes a strong first pass and can be effective both 5 on 5 and on specialty teams. Dylan has great reach, a strong stick and has a great head for the game."
Robinson was a 3rd round selection of the Windsor Spitfires in the 2018 OHL Priority Selection and attended the LA Kings training camp this past Fall. The left-shot defenceman picked up two goals and 16 assists from the blueline and was a plus 13 back in 2019-20. Through four games this season, the Simcoe, ON native has picked up three assists.
"On the other side of every trade, is also a player who we really like. We wish Nathan great success in Windsor. He is an outstanding young man and has been a big part of our leadership group." added Papineau.
Fans will have their first chance to see Robinson in action this Friday night when the Wolves host the Hamilton Bulldogs at 7:05pm. Tickets are on sale now at greatersudbury.ca/tickets. For a full list of COVID-19 polices and procedures and arena policies, visit www.greatersudbury.ca/arenapolicies.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from October 19, 2021
- Rangers Double up Guelph 4-2 - Kitchener Rangers
- Spitfires Acquire Ribau and 3rd Round Draft Pick from Sudbury for Dylan Robinson - Windsor Spitfires
- Wolves Acquire Defenceman Dylan Robinson - Sudbury Wolves
- Peterborough Petes Announce 2021-22 Leadership Group - Peterborough Petes
- Three Otters Recognized on NHL Central Scouting List - Erie Otters
- Mintyukov, Sapovaliv 'Players to Watch' for 2022 NHL Draft - Saginaw Spirit
- 66 OHL Players Included on NHL Central Scouting 'Players to Watch' List for October - OHL
- Three Petes Named to NHL Central Scouting Preliminary Players to Watch List - Peterborough Petes
- Sellout Crowd Expected as Firebirds Host In-State Rival Saginaw Wednesday - Flint Firebirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.