Wolf Pack Re-Sign Defenseman Jared Nightingale
HARTFORD, August 23, 2010: Hartford Wolf Pack general manager Jim Schoenfeld announced today that the Wolf Pack has re-signed defenseman Jared Nightingale to an American Hockey League contract.
Nightingale saw action in 51 games for the Wolf Pack in 2009-10, his fourth pro season, and posted AHL career highs of three goals and six assists for nine points. The 6-3, 205-pounder also had 156 penalty minutes, which was the most among Wolf Pack defenseman and third-most overall on the team, and was Even in the plus/minus column. Prior to being recalled to Hartford November 29, Nightingale played 16 ECHL games with the Charlotte Checkers, notching one goal and adding five assists for six points, along with 23 PIM and a +8.
Following the conclusion of the Wolf Pack's regular season, Nightingale rejoined the Checkers for the ECHL playoffs and skated in six games. The Jackson, MI native registered his first career playoff points during that action, with a goal and an assist, and had nine penalty minutes and an Even plus/minus rating.
A former Michigan State University Spartan, the 27-year-old Nightingale has spent parts of the last three seasons with the Wolf Pack. During that time, he has totaled 102 games in a Pack uniform, scoring five goals and adding 11 assists for 16 points and serving 281 minutes in penalties. In 126 career AHL games with the Wolf Pack, Springfield Falcons, Iowa Stars and Chicago Wolves, Nightingale has amassed totals of eight goals and 12 assists for 20 points, along with 305 PIM. In 113 career ECHL outings with Charlotte and the Idaho Steelheads, Nightingale has four goals and 23 assists for 27 points and has spent a total of 376 minutes in the penalty box.
Nightingale originally signed an AHL contract with the Wolf Pack January 30, 2009.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from August 23, 2010
- Village People to Perform After Ads Game December 3 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Coyotes Name Brian Pellerin as Rampage Assistant Coach - San Antonio Rampage
- Wolf Pack Re-Sign Defenseman Jared Nightingale - Connecticut Whale
- Marlies Announce 2010-11 Preseason Schedule - Toronto Marlies
- Rochester Americans Announce 2010-11 Preseason Schedule - Rochester Americans
- Wolf Pack Announce Preseason Schedule - Connecticut Whale
- Rampage Announce Preseason Game Change - San Antonio Rampage
- Griffins' Jake Visser Joins Training Staff for U.S. National Under-18 Team - Grand Rapids Griffins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.