WNBA Approves Sale of Las Vegas Aces to Mark Davis
NEW YORK - The WNBA and NBA Board of Governors have unanimously approved the sale of the Las Vegas Aces from MGM Resorts International to new owner Mark Davis, it was announced today by WNBA Commissioner Cathy Engelbert.
"On behalf of the WNBA, I am pleased to welcome Las Vegas Raiders Owner Mark Davis to the WNBA family at a time when the momentum for the league has never been higher," said Engelbert. "We are confident that Mark's business successes, franchise and brand expertise, and passion for supporting women's basketball will take the team to even greater heights. We are extremely grateful to MGM International Resorts for their tremendous franchise leadership over the past few years, and we look forward to their continued support of the Aces in the Las Vegas community."
"I'd like to thank WNBA Commissioner Cathy Engelbert, NBA Commissioner Adam Silver, and the WNBA and NBA Board of Governors for their unanimous vote of confidence in accepting me as the owner of the Las Vegas franchise of the WNBA, said Mark Davis. "I'd also like to thank the leadership of MGM, Jim Murren and Bill Hornbuckle for having the foresight to bring the WNBA to Las Vegas and building the Aces into a first-class organization in such a short period of time. We look forward to the opportunities ahead."
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from February 12, 2021
- WNBA Approves Sale of Las Vegas Aces to Mark Davis - Las Vegas Aces
- WNBA Approves Sale of the Las Vegas Aces to Mark Davis - WNBA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Las Vegas Aces Stories
- Nike, WNBA Unveil New Uniform Collection for 2021
- Las Vegas Re-Signs Three-Time All-Star Center Liz Cambage
- Aces Acquire 2021 2nd Round Pick from Indiana in Exchange for Lindsay Allen & No. 24 Pick in 2021
- WNBA Approves Sale of Las Vegas Aces to Mark Davis
- Aces Ink All-Star Riquna Williams to Free Agent Deal