Winnipeg ICE, Brandon Wheat Kings Announce Partnership with Princess Auto
Brandon / Winnipeg, MB. - Manitoba's Western Hockey League franchises have announced that one of Canada's leading retail chains have come on board as a major corporate partner for the 2019-20 Western Hockey League season.
The agreement will give Princess Auto Ltd. an opportunity to directly engage with thousands of passionate hockey fans of both the Brandon Wheat Kings and Winnipeg ICE.
This year marks the first time in thirty-five years that Manitoba has featured two WHL franchises. While the Wheat Kings joined the Western Canada Hockey League in 1967, the ICE moved from Cranbrook, B.C. to the provincial capital last spring.
Princess Auto Ltd. is a Canadian retail chain offering tools and equipment in metal fabrication, air and power, hydraulics and surplus items. It was started in Winnipeg in 1942 and now has locations across Canada.
"Princess Auto believes in supporting the possibilities of our next generation of figure-it-outers. Whether on the ice, or in the classroom, the players on the Brandon Wheat Kings and Winnipeg ICE are a testament to a bright and prosperous future," said Craig Coutts, Vice-President Marketing, Princess Auto. "We are excited to be a sponsor of the Teams and look forward to a great season."
Sponsorship details include in arena signage and digital programming with both clubs as well as a game sponsorship in both markets.
Additionally, Princess Auto will give fans the chance to win some great prizes in a special "Sounds Like a Tool" Contest at selected games and will present special video features at both Westoba Place and the Max Bell Centre in Winnipeg highlighting the Hardest Working Player from each game.
"We're very excited to announce this new partnership," says Wheat Kings' general manager Darren Ritchie. "There is a natural fit for fans of both Manitoba teams with Princess Auto. Our fans are not only avid hockey fans, but many are loyal customers of this great family owned Manitoba company."
"This is a really exciting partnership between both Manitoba-based WHL franchises and Princess Auto," explained Matt Cockell, ICE President and General Manager. "We are extremely excited to work with Princess Auto this year and for future years too."
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from September 19, 2019
- Silvertips Returned Defenseman Gianni Fairbrother from the Montreal Canadiens (NHL) - Everett Silvertips
- Silvertips Name Max Patterson and Wyatte Wylie as Assistant Captains - Everett Silvertips
- Broncos Open Regular Season at Home against Calgary - Swift Current Broncos
- Gutenberg Named 63rd Captain in Wheat Kings History - Brandon Wheat Kings
- 'Luypen's Locks' Raises More Than $5,400 for Kids Cancer Care - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Winnipeg ICE, Brandon Wheat Kings Announce Partnership with Princess Auto - Winnipeg Ice
- Indoor Tailgate Party Plans Announced - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Blazers Roster at 23 to Start Regular Season - Kamloops Blazers
- Special Presentation Planned for Home Opener - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Wheat Kings, Ice Announce Princess Auto Partnership - Brandon Wheat Kings
- 2019-20 WHL Season Preview: Edmonton Oil Kings - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Friendly Wager on ICE, Wheat Kings Game to Benefit Boys & Girls Club of Winnipeg - Winnipeg Ice
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Winnipeg Ice Stories
- Winnipeg ICE Issue Statement Regarding the Western Hockey League Confirmed January 8, 2020-2021 Regular Season Start Date
- Winnipeg ICE Partner with Hockey Manitoba in Support of Manitoba's Safe Return to Hockey
- Winnipeg ICE and Canadian Cancer Society Announce Partnership
- Registration Open for Winnipeg ICE Hockey School
- Winnipeg ICE Announce NHL20 E-Sports Gaming Tournament in Partnership with Uniting Gamers