Wings Win NAHL Central Division for Second Straight Season
Aberdeen 4 @ Minot 3 (OT) - The Aberdeen Wings locked up the Central Division regular season title as Stepan Pokorny lit the lamp at 3:01 of overtime. It was his second goal of the game. John Sladic had a goal and an assist for the Wings while Joe Strada also got himself on the scoresheet. Matt Vernon was terrific as he denied 32 Minot opportunities. Vince Marino bagged two goals and Fritz Belisle grabbed three assists. Connor McGinnis had a goal and an assist as well for the Minotauros, Ben Garrity made 40 saves in the loss. Wings forward Brad Belisle had 2 assists in the game which gave him 65 points on the year. This sets a franchise record for points in a season surpassing Cory Ward (63).
The Wings are back at the Odde this Friday & Saturday taking on Minot. Tickets are on sale now at any of the 4 C-Express locations in Aberdeen.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from March 17, 2019
- Bulls Double Jackalopes 4-2 for 40th Win - Amarillo Bulls
- BriÃ¨re Nets Goals 40 & 41 in 5-2 Win over Generals - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Pilots Drop Overtime Thriller with Mudbugs - Topeka Pilots
- Wings Win NAHL Central Division for Second Straight Season - Aberdeen Wings
- Odessa Falls 4-2, Swept in Amarillo - Odessa Jackalopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.