Wings Trade for Holden Cattoni
Today, Wings General Manager Paul Day and Assistant GM Landon Miller made arguably the most significant trade so far of the NLL offseason when they sent youngster Hunter Lemieux and some draft picks to Rochester in return for Holden Cattoni and a 2023 draft pick. The full details of the trade are below.
2023 6th round pick
2023 4th round pick
2024 1st round pick
This trade is a pretty significant move for the Wings offense as it brings in a 28 year goal scorer to support the lefty side of the offense. Cattoni is familiar with some members of the Wings, as he plays summer lacrosse with in Peterborough with Joe Resetarits, Chad Tutton, Kiel Matisz, Eric Shewell, Alex Pace, Blake McDonald, and his younger brother Taite Cattoni.
Paul Day thinks that Holden will be a huge addition to the Wings offense:
"This offseason we have been looking to tailor our roster to score more goals, so when the opportunity to acquire Holden Cattoni came up it was a no brainer. Holden is a natural goal scorer in his prime, and he is one of the best shooters in the league. We want to play an exciting brand of lacrosse that makes fans jump out of their seats and the addition of Holden is a huge step towards that. I am looking forward to seeing how he compliments our offense on the lefty side."
Holden has had a great summer so far in MSL, he currently leads the league in scoring with 66 points (25G, 41A) in just 13 games. He will be in good company as he joins the likes of 100 point scorers Joe Resetarits and Mitch Jones in the Wings offense this season.
Hunter Lemieux departs the Wings after his rookie season where he recorded 4 points (3G, 1A) in 7 games played.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from July 26, 2023
- Wings Trade for Holden Cattoni - Philadelphia Wings
- Knighthawks Acquire Lemieux and Picks from Wings - Rochester Knighthawks
- Mammoth Re-Sign Defensemen Tyler Garrison - Colorado Mammoth
- Mammoth Bring Back Forward Brett McIntyre - Colorado Mammoth
- Mammoth Ink Defenseman Brett Craig to New Deal - Colorado Mammoth
- Rush Pick up Star Goaltender - Saskatchewan Rush
- Wings Re-Sign Mitch Jones - Philadelphia Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Philadelphia Wings Stories
- Final Roster Announced for 2023-2024 Season
- Wings Make Two Additional Cuts Before Final Week of Training Camp
- Philadelphia Wings Announce Broadcast Schedule and Partners for 2023-2024 Season
- Wings Make Additional Cuts After First Preseason Game
- Wings Trim Training Camp Roster by 8 Players