Wings Re-Sign Mitch Jones
PHILADELPHIA - Today, the Philadelphia Wings announced they have re-signed offensive catalyst Mitch Jones to a new two-year deal. After joining the Wings via trade in January, Jones finished 3rd overall in points in the National Lacrosse League this past season and now returns for his second season with the Wings and 11th in the NLL.
"I am extremely grateful and excited to extend my contract with the Philadelphia Wings and to spend another season in Philadelphia," said Jones. "The passionate energy of Wings fans is unmatched and myself along with my teammates are working tirelessly to bring them a championship. I am privileged and proud to wear the W and I look forward to becoming even more involved with the local community."
Joining the Wings in January of 2023, The Vancouver, BC native finished this past season with 44 goals and 82 assists for 126 points. 33 of those goals and 58 of those assists (91 points) came as a member of the Wings. He ranked second in the NLL in assists, third in points, and T-7th in goals. He tied for the league lead with 13 power-play goals and ranked fifth in the NLL with 20 power-play assists. He reached 200 career goals on April 2nd vs. Rochester, 500 career points April 23rd vs. Albany and 300 career assists on April 29th vs. Rochester.
"We're thrilled that Mitch will be with the Wings for the foreseeable future," said Marc Zamarin, President of the Philadelphia Wings. "Since joining us in January, Mitch has proven to be a leader on the field, in the locker room, and in the community. He will play a pivotal role in our pursuit of a championship."
Jones was drafted 21st overall in the 2012 NLL Entry Draft by the Washington Stealth. In 2013, Jones was traded to the Buffalo Bandits where he had his breakout in the NLL and excelled offensively over his four seasons there. In 2018, Jones was traded from the Buffalo Bandits to the Vancouver Warriors. Jones started the 2022-23 season in Vancouver, where he was a major asset offensively. At the time of his trade to Philadelphia, he led the Vancouver warriors in points with 11 goals and 24 assists for 35 points over 7 games.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from July 26, 2023
- Wings Trade for Holden Cattoni - Philadelphia Wings
- Knighthawks Acquire Lemieux and Picks from Wings - Rochester Knighthawks
- Mammoth Re-Sign Defensemen Tyler Garrison - Colorado Mammoth
- Mammoth Bring Back Forward Brett McIntyre - Colorado Mammoth
- Mammoth Ink Defenseman Brett Craig to New Deal - Colorado Mammoth
- Rush Pick up Star Goaltender - Saskatchewan Rush
- Wings Re-Sign Mitch Jones - Philadelphia Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Philadelphia Wings Stories
- Final Roster Announced for 2023-2024 Season
- Wings Make Two Additional Cuts Before Final Week of Training Camp
- Philadelphia Wings Announce Broadcast Schedule and Partners for 2023-2024 Season
- Wings Make Additional Cuts After First Preseason Game
- Wings Trim Training Camp Roster by 8 Players