Wings Set Franchise Record with 12th Straight Win, 6-2 over Bismarck Saturday
Aberdeen 6 @ Bismarck 2 - The Aberdeen Wings won a franchise record 12th straight game as they dominated the Bismarck Bobcats 6-2. Riley Murphy had two goals and an assist and Max Salpeter added three helpers to lead the Wings. Stepan Pokorny netted two goals of his own while Connor Beatty tallied a goal and an assist. Thomas Rocco lit the lamp as well for Aberdeen. Matt Vernon won his 21st game of the season as he made 26 saves. Austin Jouppi and George Grannis had the only goals for the Bobcats. John Roberts took the loss as he made 21 stops.
The Wings are back on the road this coming weekend as they travel to take on the 2nd seeded team in the NAHL Central Division for the 1st time this season Austin Bruins. Austin split this past weekend with the Brookings Blizzard. You can watch the game at Buffalo Wings & Rings in Aberdeen or on HockeyTV.com. As always tune into 94.1 The Rock, HubCityRadio.com or The Rock App. Check back at AberdeenWings.com for Wings Weekly early this week!
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from January 6, 2019
- Badal's Pair Helps Knights Beat Rebels - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights
- Bulls Beat IceRays 4-1 Sunday - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Wings Set Franchise Record with 12th Straight Win, 6-2 over Bismarck Saturday - Aberdeen Wings
- Amarillo Bulls Dump Corpus Christi 8-2 - Amarillo Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Aberdeen Wings Stories
- Wings Win Friday 5-2
- Game Day
- Wings Win NAHL Central Division for Second Straight Season
- Wings Give up 3 in the 3rd, Fall 5-4 Friday
- Driving in a Winter Wonderland