Wings Defeat Mercury 77-59
Phoenix, Arizona - The Dallas Wings (5-5) defeated the Phoenix Mercury (5-5) 77 - 59 at Phoenix Suns Arena Friday night.
Satou Sabally paved the way for the Wings, recording 17 points to go along with her six rebounds and four assists. The Wings efforts on the boards were led by Bella Alarie, who recorded a career-high-tying nine rebounds. Dallas also recorded 40 rebounds for the fifth straight game for the first time in franchise history.
Arike Ogunbowale led the Wings in scoring for the seventh time this season with 20 points, her WNBA best eighth game of 20 or more this season. She also extended her league-leading double-digit scoring streak to 47 games with a three at the 7:55 mark of the third quarter. Moriah Jefferson also found her stroke from the field, scoring 11 points on five of seven from the field.
The Wings next head to The Strip to take on the Las Vegas Aces. Tip-off is set for 5 p.m. CT.
Ogunbowale extended her league-leading and franchise-record double-digit scoring streak to 47 on a three at the 7:55 mark of the third period. She finished with a team-high 20 points.
The Wings had a season-high eight players record a basket and held the team's highest first-quarter lead of the season (23-12, 11 points).
Sabally recorded 17 points to go along with her 6 rebounds.
Moriah Jefferson set her season-high with 11 points.
Bella Alarie tied her career-high, pulling down nine boards to go along with her six points.
Led by Bella Alarie's nine rebounds and Satou Sabally's six boards, the Wings recorded 40 rebounds for the fifth straight game for the first time in franchise history.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from June 12, 2021
- June 12th - Minnesota Lynx vs Los Angeles Sparks Postgame Notes - Minnesota Lynx
- Sparks Fall to Lynx in Augustus' Return - Los Angeles Sparks
- Minnesota Lynx to Retire Jersey Numbers of Rebekkah Brunson and Seimone Augustus - Minnesota Lynx
- Parker Records First Double-Double with Sky; Chicago Wins Second Straight over Fever - Chicago Sky
- Minnesota Lynx Re-Sign Guard Layshia Clarendon - Minnesota Lynx
- Wings Defeat Mercury 77-59 - Dallas Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.