Windy City ThunderBolts Unveil Logo for 20th Anniversary in Crestwood and Frontier League
CRESTWOOD, IL - The Windy City ThunderBolts will be celebrating their 20th anniversary season in 2019, and to kick off the celebration, the ThunderBolts have unveiled their 20th anniversary logo. The logo commemorates the 20 years that the franchise has spent in the Frontier League and in Crestwood, Illinois.
On June 2, 1999, the team that was known at the time as the Cook County Cheetahs opened their brand new ballpark and defeated the visiting River City Rascals 1-0. The Rascals will return to Crestwood May 31st to June 2nd to celebrate the anniversary weekend and resume the rivalry.
Much has changed in the intervening 20 years. In 2004, the Cheetahs were renamed the Windy City ThunderBolts. They won their first Frontier League title in 2007 and became the second team in league history to repeat when they captured the 2008 crown. Both teams won the deciding game on their home field.
Now nearing their 20th birthday, the ThunderBolts are tied with River City as the second oldest franchise in the league, behind only the Evansville Otters. The Bolts will be hosting a season-long celebration of the anniversary starting with the home opener on Tuesday, May 14. Other special events will be announced in the coming months.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from November 8, 2018
- Windy City ThunderBolts Unveil Logo for 20th Anniversary in Crestwood and Frontier League - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Otters Set Game Times for 2019 Season at Bosse Field - Evansville Otters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Windy City ThunderBolts Stories
- Windy City ThunderBolts, Village of Crestwood, and Ozinga Announce New Stadium Naming Rights
- ThunderBolts Hire Brian Smith as New Field Manager
- Windy City ThunderBolts Unveil Logo for 20th Anniversary in Crestwood and Frontier League
- ThunderBolts Fall to Traverse City in Season Finale
- ThunderBolts Use Big Innings to Take Game One at Traverse City