Williams Returns for Second Season in Indy
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indy Fuel, proud ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Chicago Blackhawks and the AHL's Rockford IceHogs announced Tuesday that they have re-signed goaltender Charles Williams to a standard player contract for the 2020-21 season.
Williams, 28, re-signs with the Fuel after appearing in 31 games during the 2019-20 season. Splitting the season with Chase Marchand and Dan Bakala, Williams earned a 2.81 goals-against average and a .908 save percentage. Entering his fourth professional season, Williams has 121 ECHL games under his belt, earning a 2.72 goals-against average and a .914 save percentage.
A native of Detroit, Michigan, Williams has appeared in six AHL games between the Hartford Wolf Pack and Ontario Reign, earning a 2.59 goals-against average and a.897 save percentage. Prior to turning pro, the 5-foot-10, 194-pound goaltender spent four years at Ferris State before transferring to Canisius College to play his final season of eligibility. In one season at Canisius, Williams put up a 1.82 goals-against average and a .943 save percentage, becoming a 2017 Hobey Baker Award finalist.
Full season and half-season ticket plans are now on sale for the Fuel's 7th season at Indiana Farmers Coliseum! Lock up your seat for every second of the action at Indiana Farmers Coliseum with a Fuel Ticket Plan - grab yours by heading to IndyFuelHockey.com or by calling the Fuel front office at 317-925-FUEL. Don't forget to follow the Fuel on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (IndyFuel) for news, updates, contests and much more throughout the 2020-21 season.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from July 14, 2020
- Reading Inks Cecere, First Blue Liner for 2020-21 - Reading Royals
- Americans Sign Free Agent Forward Braylon Shmyr - Allen Americans
- Williams Returns for Second Season in Indy - Indy Fuel
- Glads Boost Offense with Another Veteran Signing - Atlanta Gladiators
- Ryan Walker Agrees to Terms for Second Pro Season - Adirondack Thunder
- Worcester Railers HC Re-Sign Forwards Drew Callin and Ross Olsson for 2020-21 Season - Worcester Railers HC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.