Wildcats announce new radio team
ALBANY, GA- The South Georgia Wildcats and Clear Channel Radio of Albany have announced that Robert Hydrick and Keith Harney will serve as the Wildcats radio broadcast team for the remainder of the season.
Hydrick will serve as the play-by-play announcer for the Wildcats. Born in Columbus, Hydrick graduated from the University of Georgia and joined WALB in March of 1985. He worked three years as a news reporter/ photographer, when he was promoted to weekend news anchor and producer in 1988. He left WALB in 1991 to become the weekend sports anchor/ reporter at WRBL in Columbus. Hydrick returned to WALB in 1994 as a news reporter and in 1996 he became co-host of "Today in Georgia". He was named weekend sports anchor/ reporter in 1997 and was promoted in 2001 to WALB Sports Director.
Harney will serve as the color analyst during Wildcats broadcast. Born in Elizabeth City, NC, Harney served 17 years in the U.S. Army as a drill sergeant, instructor and 1st Sergeant. He attended Central Texas College in El Paso, TX where he majored in Law Enforcement and Criminal Deviance. He retired from the Army in 1999 and became a radio disc-jockey in Columbus, GA. Harney relocated to Albany, GA to work as a station manager and on air personality with a local broadcasting station. Recently, Harney was promoted to business manager at Albany Mazda in February.
South Georgia Wildcats fans can listen to Wildcats home and away games on Magic 97.3 and now on www.magic973radio.com. Magic 97.3 will be streaming the games online worldwide.
The Wildcats are entering their fourth season in arenafootball2 and the first in Albany, Georgia. The Wildcats will play host to the Wilkes-Barre/ Scranton Pioneers on Saturday, June 25; kickoff is set for 7:30 p.m. Wildcats season tickets and single game tickets can be purchased by calling 229.435.2TIX (2849) or toll free at 1.877.WILD.TIX (9453849).
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from June 23, 2005
- Amarillo Dusters game notes - Amarillo Venom
- X-Men square off with Yard Dawgz tomorrow night - Memphis Xplorers
- Wildcats announce new radio team - South Georgia Wildcats
- Yard Dawgz to face division leaders - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz
- Manchester Wolves notebook - Manchester Wolves
- Blizzard Can Cliinch Playoff Spot With Win - Green Bay Blizzard
- South Georgia Wildcats game notes - South Georgia Wildcats
- Canadian QB makes historic start on Saturday night - Amarillo Venom
- af2 week 13 Friday night matchups - af2
- Xplorers players visit Tunica, North Memphis, Walls and Como - Memphis Xplorers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.