Yard Dawgz to face division leaders
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz (6-5) will take on the Midwest Division leading Memphis Xplorers (10-1) this Friday, June 24th at the Ford Center. The Yard Dawgz are coming off of a 54-46 loss at the hands of the Bossier-Shreveport Battlewings and are looking forward to a great match-up against Memphis.
The Yard Dawgz are looking to avenge their loss to the Xplorers back on May 7th, when they fell 43-38 in Memphis. The Xplorers ran the last 3:12 off of the clock to secure the win on that night. That loss was the last one the Dawgz would see as they would reel off four consecutive victories before losing at Bossier last weekend.
The Xplorers have won six in a row and are starting a new quarterback this week after Brian Jones suffered an injury that will leave him sidelined this week. Memphis will look to last years starter Michael Wall to get their offense going against the Dawgz. Wall led the Xplorers last season after being traded by Tulsa.
YARD DAWGZ NOTES: The Yard Dawgz will enjoy the league wide bye week next weekend (July 2nd) and they will return to the field on July 10th when they travel to take on the Amarillo Dusters...The Dawgz will return home on July 16th when they face the Louisville Fire at the Ford Center.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from June 23, 2005
- Amarillo Dusters game notes - Amarillo Venom
- X-Men square off with Yard Dawgz tomorrow night - Memphis Xplorers
- Wildcats announce new radio team - South Georgia Wildcats
- Yard Dawgz to face division leaders - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz
- Manchester Wolves notebook - Manchester Wolves
- Blizzard Can Cliinch Playoff Spot With Win - Green Bay Blizzard
- South Georgia Wildcats game notes - South Georgia Wildcats
- Canadian QB makes historic start on Saturday night - Amarillo Venom
- af2 week 13 Friday night matchups - af2
- Xplorers players visit Tunica, North Memphis, Walls and Como - Memphis Xplorers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.