Whale Re-Sign Forward Kelsey Tessier
HARTFORD, July 6, 2011: Connecticut Whale general manager Jim Schoenfeld announced today that the team has re-signed forward Kelsey Tessier for the 2011-12 season.
As a rookie in 2010-11, Tessier led Whale first-year pros in assists, and finished second among team rookies in points and goals, with 10-18-28 in 75 games. The 5-9, 177-pound native of Fredericton, New Brunswick also totaled 19 penalty minutes and a +2 rating.
Prior to joining the then-Hartford Wolf Pack on an AHL contract, Tessier played four seasons of Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action with the Quebec Remparts and the Moncton Wildcats. In 249 career QMJHL contests, he amassed a total of 103 goals and 141 assists for 244 points, along with 189 PIM. After being traded by Quebec to Moncton late in the 2009-10 season, Tessier helped to lead the Wildcats to a QMJHL championship and a berth in the Memorial Cup, finishing second among all league skaters in playoff points, and third in postseason goals, with 14-16-30 in 21 games.
Tessier, 21, was a fourth-round pick (110th overall) by the Colorado Avalanche in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
Season tickets for the 2011-12 Whale season are available now, with a special early bird discount. Call (860) 728-3366 for information on that, as well as all Whale ticket packages, group sales and VIP packages.
The AHL's Connecticut Whale is operated by Whalers Sports and Entertainment, a Hartford-based sports marketing and event firm founded by Howard Baldwin. The team is the top player-development affiliate of the NHL's New York Rangers.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 6, 2011
- San Jose Sharks Re-Sign Greiss, Sullivan and Sign Pelech - Worcester Sharks
- Gillies Signs Two-Year Deal with Wild - Houston Aeros
- Columbus Blue Jackets Sign Defenseman Radek Martinek - Springfield Falcons
- Lightning Sign Free Agent Forward Tom Pyatt - Norfolk Admirals
- Anaheim Ducks Sign Left Wing J.F. Jacques - Syracuse Crunch
- IceHogs Home Opener Set for October 8 - Rockford IceHogs
- Whale Re-Sign Forward Kelsey Tessier - Connecticut Whale
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.