Washington takes A-League points lead
Virginia Beach, Virginia Â– Mariner forward Dante Washington, now leads the A-League in points, earning 36 points in 23 games. His two-goal, one assist outing Wednesday night against Atlanta moved him into the top spot, one point ahead of Alan Gordon from the Portland Timbers.
Washington has scored points in five of the MarinersÂ’ last six matches. In addition to last nightÂ’s performance, he had a goal and an assist against Atlanta on August 6, one goal against Toronto on August 2, and one goal in each of two games against Rochester on July 17th and 24th. The Mariners won each of those games.
Washington also ranks second in the A-League in goals with 15, two goals behind Gordon, and ranks fifth in assists with 6. Teammates Carlos Garcia and Hamisi Amani-Dove also rank in the top 20 in the League in points; Garcia ranks fourteenth with 17 in 21 games, followed by Amani-Dove in 19th place with 15 in 24 games. Garcia also ranks second in the League in assists with 7.
â€˘ Discuss this story on the USL First Division message board...
USL First Division Stories from August 12, 2004
- Kickers Bounce Back To Defeat Atlanta In Overtime - Richmond Kickers
- Whitecaps and Wave Tie in Milwaukee - Vancouver Whitecaps
- Wave United game notes - Milwaukee Wave United
- USL Fox Sports World Game of the Week - USL-1
- No shirt, no shoes, no soccer - Minnesota Thunder
- Battery to battle Rhinos - Charleston Battery
- Washington takes A-League points lead - Virginia Beach Mariners
- Mariners net huge win over Atlanta, 3-1 - Virginia Beach Mariners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Virginia Beach Mariners Stories
- Mariners host Miami for Fan Appreciation Night
- Mariners host Montreal Friday and Sunday
- Harrison returns to Real Salt Lake
- Mariners host Minnesota
- Simmonds named to USL First Division Team of the Week