Mariners host Minnesota
Virginia Beach - The Virginia Beach Mariners (4-3-4) will host the Minnesota Thunder (2-6-3) Friday night, June 30th at 8 p.m. at the Virginia Beach Sportsplex. The game will be broadcast live on the Fox Soccer Channel.
The Mariners, coming off a second round U.S. Open Cup win in Phoenix (1-0) take on the Minnesota Thunder after they were upset by the DesMoines Menace (1-0) in the second round Open Cup. The Mariners faced the Thunder at Minnesota two weeks ago winning 2-1. Greg Simmonds notched a goal and an assist to John Barry Nusum in that match. Minnesota will be looking to start their 3 game road trip with a win.
The Mariners, home to thousands of active duty military, retirees and their families will recognize the men and women who serve our nation during peacetime and conflict. Tickets are half price with a military ID and children 10 years old and under are free. The Seagals, The Rhythm Project, Harris Teeter 2 for 1 night with a VIC card, and a drawing to win a 1998 Chrysler Sebring from Heritage Motor Co. round out the night. The evening is sponsored by Military Newspapers of Virginia and Chick-fil-A.
• Discuss this story on the USL First Division message board...
USL First Division Stories from June 30, 2006
- Whitecaps snap Timbers' unbeaten run - Portland Timbers
- Silverbacks men win Southern Derby- remain undefeated at home - Atlanta Silverbacks
- Scot Thompson selected to USL All-Star game - Portland Timbers
- Whitecaps Host Portland Tonight - Vancouver Whitecaps
- USL First Division All-Star Team Announced - USL-1
- Thunder starts three-game road trip tonight - Minnesota Thunder
- Three Miami FC players invited to USL First Division All-Star Game - Fort Lauderdale Strikers
- Silverbacks to defend home turf Friday night - Atlanta Silverbacks
- Mariners host Minnesota - Virginia Beach Mariners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Virginia Beach Mariners Stories
- Mariners host Miami for Fan Appreciation Night
- Mariners host Montreal Friday and Sunday
- Harrison returns to Real Salt Lake
- Mariners host Minnesota
- Simmonds named to USL First Division Team of the Week