Warriors Rout Seals
SAN DIEGO CA - Keegan Bal scored six times, including four consecutive goals in the second quarter, to help lead the Vancouver Warriors to a 14-6 rout of the West Division leading San Diego Seals at the Pechanga Center in Southern California.
Bal netted the first "sock trick" (six goal game) in Warriors history and added four assists to finish with ten points on the night. Jordan McBride, Mitch Jones and Tony Malcom also added a pair of goals each while James Rahe with his 5th and Penticton's Jean-Luc Chetner scored his first NLL goal in the win.
Eric Penney was once again outstanding in goal for Vancouver. Penney turned aside 40 shots in the win and was resilient throughout, stopping the high-powered Seals offence at nearly every turn.
Vancouver's win moves their record to 3-6 on the season and solidifies their 4th place standing in the West. Three wins also eclipses the entire win total from last season when the team played out in Langley.
Vancouver returns home for a date with the NLL Champions, the Saskatchewan Rush, on Saturday February 16...game time is at 7 PM. For tickets, please visit www.vancouverwarriors.com for more information or call 604-899-7799.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from February 9, 2019
- Rush vs. Roughnecks Game Notes - Saskatchewan Rush
- Roughnecks Deal Rush Third Straight Loss - Saskatchewan Rush
- Roughnecks Rally Past Rush - Calgary Roughnecks
- Knighthawks' Fourth-Quarter Comeback Falls Short - Rochester Knighthawks
- Swarm's Three-Game Win Streak Snapped By Bandits - Georgia Swarm
- Wings Outdistanced by Mammoth - Philadelphia Wings
- Black Wolves Defeat Knighthawks 16-13 - New England Black Wolves
- Calgary Roughnecks Game Preview - February 9 at Saskatchewan - Calgary Roughnecks
- Warriors Rout Seals - Vancouver Warriors
- Seals Issue Statement Regarding Tonight's Canadian National Anthem - San Diego Seals
- Seals Struggle, Fall to Vancouver 14-6 - San Diego Seals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.