Knighthawks' Fourth-Quarter Comeback Falls Short
The Rochester Knighthawks stormed back in the fourth quarter but fell 16-13 to the New England Black Wolves tonight at Mohegan Sun Arena.
The Knighthawks scored six times over the final 15 minutes to get within two goals on three occasions. Joe Resetarits scored three of his team-high four goals in the fourth. His final tally with 2:16 to play made the score 15-13. The veteran forward finished the contest with seven points (4+3). Cody Jamieson and Kyle Jackson also had big nights as they posted six and eight points, respectively.
Jamieson, who finished with three goals and three assists, scored during the Knighthawks' 4-0 run which made it 12-10 with 12:54 to play. "Jammer" later sparked a two-goal surge in the final minutes. His dunk from behind the net made it 15-12, and he then picked up an assist on Resetarits' goal with under three to play.
Jackson contributed with two goals and six assists, while Mike Burke also chipped in with one goal and four helpers. In goal, Angus Goodleaf made 35 saves, and Warren Hill finished with three saves on four shots.
In two weeks, Rochester (2-6) will host its oldest rival, the Buffalo Bandits, on Friday, Feb. 22, as it throws it back to the first decade of Knighthawks lacrosse on Party Like it's 1995 Night. The fans can celebrate the freshest decade of all as they enjoy the musical hits from the '90s and other special themed promotions. The organization will also bring back the members of the 1995 team. Faceoff is set for 7:30 p.m.
Images from this story
Rochester Knighthawks conference after a goal
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from February 9, 2019
- Rush vs. Roughnecks Game Notes - Saskatchewan Rush
- Roughnecks Deal Rush Third Straight Loss - Saskatchewan Rush
- Roughnecks Rally Past Rush - Calgary Roughnecks
- Knighthawks' Fourth-Quarter Comeback Falls Short - Rochester Knighthawks
- Swarm's Three-Game Win Streak Snapped By Bandits - Georgia Swarm
- Wings Outdistanced by Mammoth - Philadelphia Wings
- Black Wolves Defeat Knighthawks 16-13 - New England Black Wolves
- Calgary Roughnecks Game Preview - February 9 at Saskatchewan - Calgary Roughnecks
- Warriors Rout Seals - Vancouver Warriors
- Seals Issue Statement Regarding Tonight's Canadian National Anthem - San Diego Seals
- Seals Struggle, Fall to Vancouver 14-6 - San Diego Seals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rochester Knighthawks Stories
- Knighthawks' Fourth-Quarter Comeback Falls Short
- Knighthawks Hit the Road to Face Black Wolves Saturday
- Knighthawks Sign Nick Damude to Practice Contract
- Knighthawks Make 'Mammoth' Move by Acquiring Keogh
- Knighthawks Fall Just Short in Valiant Comeback Attempt