Warriors Recall Damian Jones from Santa Cruz Warriors
OAKLAND, Calif. - The Golden State Warriors have recalled rookie center Damian Jones from the Santa Cruz Warriors of the NBA Development League, the team announced today.
Jones appeared in 31 games (21 starts) with Santa Cruz over the course of nine assignments this season, averaging 11.3 points, 7.2 rebounds, 2.10 blocks and 1.1 assists in 26.4 minutes. The 7'0", 245-pound center, who was named the NBA D-League Player of the Month for games played in March and April, appeared in all three of the Santa Cruz Warriors' Western Conference Semifinals contests against the Oklahoma City Blue, averaging 13.3 points, 7.3 rebounds and 2.67 blocks in 24.0 minutes.
Jones has appeared in nine games with Golden State this season, averaging 1.7 points and 1.8 rebounds in 7.3 minutes.
For more information on the Santa Cruz Warriors, visit santacruzbasketball.com.
For more information on the Golden State Warriors 2016-17 season, presented by Kaiser Permanente, visit warriors.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from April 11, 2017
- NBA D-League Playoffs 2017 - Western Conference Finals - G League
- Warriors Recall Damian Jones from Santa Cruz Warriors - Santa Cruz Warriors
- D-Fenders Comeback Falls Short in Year-Ending Loss to Vipers - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Vipers Advance to Conference Finals - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Warriors Drop Western Conference Semifinals to Blue - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Mad Ants Come Back to Force Game 3 - Maine Red Claws
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.