Warriors Re-Acquire Ladontae Henton
SANTA CRUZ, California - The Santa Cruz Warriors announced today that the team has acquired guard LaDontae Henton.
LaDontae Henton was drafted 10th overall by the Santa Cruz Warriors in the 2016 NBA D-League Draft. After going undrafted in the 2015 NBA Draft, Henton played for the Golden State Warriors' NBA Summer League team, starting in all six appearances, averaging 8.3 points and 2.8 rebounds in 18.5 minutes. Henton had international stints with Teal Betis Energia of the Spanish ACB League and the Alaska Aces of the Philippine Basketball Association during the 2015-16 season.
As a senior at Providence during the 2014-15 season, Henton led the Big East in scoring at 19.7 points per game, was named First-Team All-conference, and helped lead the Friars to their second consecutive NCAA tournament for the first time since the 1988-89 and 1989-90 seasons. Henton finished his Friar career with 2,059 points and 1,054 rebounds, becoming the second played in school history to achieve the 2000/1000 milestone.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 16, 2016
- Third Quarter Surge Sends Skyforce to Rout of Spurs - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Crawford Leads Drive over BayHawks - Grand Rapids Drive
- Westchester Knicks Acquire Gary Neal - Westchester Knicks
- Warriors Re-Acquire Ladontae Henton - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Celtics Assign Demetrius Jackson to Maine Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Santa Cruz Warriors Stories
- Santa Cruz Warriors Playoff Tickets Available Today
- Santa Cruz Warriors Defeat Capital City Go-Go 120-116 to Secure Pacific Division Title
- Center Deyonta Davis Earns GATORADE Call-Up to the Atlanta Hawks
- Santa Cruz Warriors Fall to South Bay Lakers 113-108 to Split Season Series
- Santa Cruz Warriors Lose 111-107 to Austin Spurs at Kaiser Permanente Arena