Warriors Advance to Third Straight NBA D-League Finals
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. - The Santa Cruz Warriors defeated the Austin Spurs, 97-83, in Game 3 of the Western Conference Finals Monday night to advance to the NBA D-League Finals for the third straight time.
Santa Cruz was paced by Elliot Williams who recorded 31 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists, and 3 blocked shots. Ognjen Kuzmic, on assignment from the Golden State Warriors, finished with 20 points and a game-high of 16 rebounds.
The Spurs received a solid performance from Kyle Anderson, on assignment from the San Antonio Spurs, who finished with 22 points, 13 rebounds, 2 assists, and 4 steals. Orlando Johnson contributed with 18 points.
Though Santa Cruz would lead by as many as 8 points in the opening frame, Austin stayed within striking distance to even the score four different times. The Warriors would never concede a first quarter lead, with the two squads knotted at 25 entering the second frame. The second quarter would continue the tightly-contested battle, with Santa Cruz entering the break with the four-point edge.
The third quarter would see Santa Cruz outscore the Spurs 29-20 to lead by as many as 15 points. Santa Cruz extended their lead in the final frame, coasting to a victory over Austin.
The Santa Cruz Warriors will head to Fort Wayne on Thursday to take on the Mad Ants in Game 1 of the NBA D-League Finals. Action is scheduled to tip-off at 5:00p.m. PST and will be broadcast on the Santa Cruz Warriors flagship station, KION 1460AM/101.1FM, and on ESPNews.
Tickets for the NBA D-League Finals are now on sale. Fans interested in purchasing playoff tickets are encouraged to log on to www.santacruzbasketball.com or call the Santa Cruz Warriors front office at (831) 713-4400.
Dates and times of the NBA D-League Finals are as follows:
Game 1 Thu. April 23 SCW at FWN 5:00 p.m. PST ESPNews
Game 2 Sun. April 26 FWN at SCW 4:00 p.m. PST ESPNU
Game 3 *Mon. April 27 FWN at SCW 7:00p.m. PST ESPNU
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from April 21, 2015
- Maine's Tim Frazier Named 2015 NBA Development League MVP and Rookie of the Year - G League
- Tim Frazier Wins D-League MVP and Rookie of the Year Awards - Maine Red Claws
- Warriors Advance to Third Straight NBA D-League Finals - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Santa Cruz Warriors Stories
- Golden State Warriors Recall Guard Jacob Evans III from Santa Cruz
- Santa Cruz Warriors Conclude 2018-19 Season with Defeat to Rio Grande Valley Vipers, 144-125
- Santa Cruz Warriors Advance to Western Conference Finals, Beat the Blue 117-102
- Golden State Warriors Assign Guard Jacob Evans III to Santa Cruz
- Warriors Beat Agua Caliente Clippers 113-109, Match Best Record in NBA G League