Walleye Notes Tough run in the zoo: Despite outshooting the KWings 36-30 in their own barn, the Walleye bested 4-1 Friday night at Kalamazoo in the lone game of the week.
Still shining: Even though Toledo did not get a win on Friday night, forward Erik Bradford kept his point streak alive by scoring the lone Walleye goal. That gives him a point in five straight contests and 85 points (24G, 61A) over his past 85 games played.
Let's get to three please: Toledo has a record of 17-2-2 when they score three goals or more in a game this season. They are also 16-1-1 when they allow three goals or less in a contest.
Four in five after the break: Starting Wednesday night when the Indy Fuel come to Toledo the Walleye will embark on a four-game five-day journey that sees them invade Wheeling and Fort Wayne over the weekend. Toledo is 2-0-0 vs. Indy this season and 2-1-0 against the Friday opponent, the Kalamazoo Wings. The Walleye dropped an overtime game 4-3 at Wheeling in November and have just one point (0-2-1) in games played at Fort Wayne this year.
Walleye Player of the Week:
Erik Bradford (1 goal - 0 assists 1 point)
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 26, 2017
- Thunder Close 2017 with Pirates, Princesses and Star Wars - Wichita Thunder
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, December 26 - Wheeling Nailers
- Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Thunder Falls to Kansas City in Physical Contest - Wichita Thunder
- RUSH END LOSING STREAK AGAINST IDAHO - Rapid City Rush
- Hafner Stellar in Colorado's Win over Utah - Colorado Eagles
- Solar Bears Earn Point in 3-2 Shootout Loss to Admirals - Orlando Solar Bears
- Tommy Olczyk scores shorthanded hat trick to spark home victory - Indy Fuel
- Frazee Reassigned to Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Americans Snap Oilers' Road Winning Streak - Tulsa Oilers
- Railers Have the Right Stuff in 5-3 Win in Glens Falls - Worcester Railers HC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.