Volcanoes Season Ends with 6-3 Loss to Hillsboro
In the bottom of the second inning, after Hillsboro takes a 3-0 lead, Tyler Flores hit an RBI double to the right field line that scores Luis Toribio and cuts the Hillsboro lead to 3-1.
Two batters later, Jeff Houghtby hits into a groundout to the shortstop that allows Brandon Martorano and cuts the Hillsboro lead some more to 3-2.
In the bottom of the seventh inning, after Hillsboro takes a 6-2 lead, Harrison Freed hits a solo home run over the wall in right field to cut the deficit to 6-3.
This is the first time the Volcanoes have gone to the playoffs since 2015. Thank you to the Volcanoes organization, team, and community for making this amazing season possible.
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from September 6, 2019
- Volcanoes Season Ends with 6-3 Loss to Hillsboro - Salem-Keizer Volcanoes
- Hops Will Play for Third NWL Title - Hillsboro Hops
- Dust Devils Fall, Deciding Game Three on Friday - Tri-City Dust Devils
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Salem-Keizer Volcanoes Stories
- 5,000+ Sign Fan Petition for Volcanoes to Stay
- Volcanoes' Cancer Awareness Tradition to Continue
- Northwest League Postpones Start of 2020 Season
- Volcanoes Stadium to Host Drive-In Fireworks
- Volcanoes to Donate $5,000 in Tickets to Raise Funds for Local Food Banks