Voice of the Pats Phil Andrews Leaving Club after 9 Seasons
Regina, Saskatchewan -Â The Regina Pats Hockey Club announced today that Phil Andrews, the voice of the Regina Pats, is leaving the club effective July 31, 2020.
Andrews joined the Pats as their Play by Play Broadcaster in 2011 and quickly became one of the most recognizable voices in the WHL. In 2016 Phil "Joined the Regiment" full time adding the role of Director of Media and Communications.
"This has been one of the hardest decisions I have ever made, but it comes down to family and it's time to be more present for my wife and kids and I am excited for what the future has for us" Andrews said in a statement today.
"Our entire organization will truly miss Phil's contributions to the club and the impact he had on the success of our brand and team over the past 9 seasons" said C.O.O Stacey Cattell. "Phil's talents made him a rising star in the play-by-play world but more importantly one of the best family men I know. His decision today reflects how much he cares for his family and we wish him nothing but the best in the future. He will always be a part of our great history!"
"I will really miss Phil, he is a true professional and has been an important part of our organization in my time here. We will miss him and wish him the best" added VP of Hockey Operations and GM John Paddock.
The Pats will begin the search for a new Play by Play voice later this summer with more information to follow in the weeks to come.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from June 29, 2020
- 2020 Import Draft Preview - Tri-City Americans
- 2020 CHL Import Draft Preview - Kelowna Rockets
- Hitmen to Make Two Picks in Tuesday's 2020 CHL Import Draft - Calgary Hitmen
- Broncos Release Sergei Alkhimov and Matej Toman, Will Make Two Selections in CHL Import Draft - Swift Current Broncos
- Voice of the Pats Phil Andrews Leaving Club after 9 Seasons - Regina Pats
- Pats to Pick 15th in CHL Import Draft Tuesday - Regina Pats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.