Vipers shuffle roster, add Skipper
HUNTSVILLE, AL - The Tennessee Valley Vipers made several roster changes heading into their rematch with the Memphis Xplorers tomorrow night in Memphis.
The team has been assigned former Troy State wide receiver, Heyward Skipper. He played in 11 games for the Manchester Wolves last season and caught 43 passes for 456 yards and 11 touchdowns and also recorded 7.5 tackles and one interception on defense. He played in 45 games at Troy State from 1999-2002 and caught 120 passes for 1,868 yards and 14 touchdowns. He also returned 49 punts for 577 yards and two touchdowns and 20 kickoffs for 333 yards.
The Viper also activated quarterback, Ryan Schneider and WR/LB, Clenton Rafe from short-term injured reserve and placed FB/LB, J.J. Barnett and OL/DL Shaheed Richardson on short-term injured reserve. Quarterback, Tony Colston was reassigned.
Vipers play-by-play man, Thom Abraham, will bring you the game tomorrow night on WUMP 730AM and WVNN 770AM/92.5FM. Kickoff is set for 7:00.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from April 14, 2006
- Steeldogs Rally Falls Short in Overtime, 44-43 - Alabama Steeldogs
- Manchester Claims First Win 39-34 - Manchester Wolves
- Fire Falls to Wolves - Louisville Fire
- Shock break 4,000 STH Mark - Spokane Shock
- Coyotes and Blitz Renew the "Battle of Highway 99" - Central Valley Coyotes
- Vipers shuffle roster, add Skipper - Alabama Vipers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.