Vipers Enjoy First Half Success
Huntsville, AL, - The Tennessee Valley Vipers celebrated the successful first half of the season marking the team's ninth year in the Huntsville area. The Vipers are 5-3 on the season and are currently ranked 7th in the af2 standings. Attendance for home games at the Von Braun Center have averaged over 4,000 for the first half of the season. The first four home games have included giveaways such as magnetic schedules, touchdown towels, visors, kids caps, adult jerseys, and Vipers trading cards. "We believe that it's important to be involved in the community," said Vipers General Manager Joe Stroud, "Our goal is to provide our fans with great football and exciting entertainment for the entire family. I believe that we've shown in the first half of the season that we're dedicated to doing that."
During the last Vipers home game (May 17) at the VBC, the Vipers upset previously undefeated Florida Firecats 50-34 and moved the team closer to first place in the South Division, and will move the team even higher in the coaches af2 poll. The Vipers were off last week, and will return to action this Saturday night at Oklahoma City. The team has enjoyed support for this season from local business partners such as The Orthopedic Center and Huntsville Hospital. Team management stressed the value of local business and investor participation.
"The Vipers are an important part of the Huntsville community and having local ownership and business involvement is critical to ensuring that the Vipers reflect the values and flavor of the community," said Doug MacGregor, Texas af2 Holdings LLC President, "Our goal continues to be one of providing a team that Huntsville and surrounding areas can be proud of, both on and off the field"
The Vipers have four home games remaining for the regular season. Tickets are available by stopping by the Von Braun Center Box Office. For more information on the Vipers, please visit www.vipersaf2.com.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from May 28, 2008
- Hard-hitting football, fan participation, and local support driving team popularity - Tri-Cities Fever
- Talons top coaches poll for tenth straight week - Spokane Shock
- This Week With the Boise Burn: 5/28/08 - Boise Burn
- Sharks Trade Villanueva to Green Bay - Corpus Christi Sharks
- Announcement from Yard Dawgz - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz
- Amarillo Dusters Enter Final Stretch of Exciting Season - Amarillo Venom
- Williams Enjoys Record Week As Losing Streak Hits Four Games - Albany Firebirds
- Schoonover Earns Cutters af2 Catch of the Week - Arkansas Diamonds
- Vipers Enjoy First Half Success - Alabama Vipers
- Florida Firecats Remain Fourth in Week Ten Coaches Poll - Florida Firecats
- Talons Top Coaches Poll for 10th Straight Week - af2
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.