Vipers end season with 60-56 home loss to Green Bay
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. - The 2009 arenafootball2 season is over for the defending champion Tennessee Valley Vipers.
The Vipers were defeated 60-56 by the Green Bay Blizzard before 3,680 fans Saturday night in the first round of the playoffs at the Von Braun Center. Tennessee Valley ended it season at 11-6, while Green Bay moved on to the second round at 11-6.
Gino Guidugli's 4-yard pass to Nate Forse with 5:26 to play proved to be the game-winner for the Blizzard.
Vipers quarterback Kevin Eakin completed 30 of 46 passes for 301 and eight touchdowns, but threw four interceptions - the last coming during the final minute of the contest to help the visitors seal the victory.
Gino Guidugli completed 25 of 34 passes for 288 yards and seven touchdowns, but was sacked three times. Anthony Crissinger-Hill had 13 catches for 139 yards and three touchdowns and Nate Forse nine for 126 and three scores.
Jeremy Grier had 11 catches for 108 yards and two touchdowns for the Vipers, while Michael Johnson had nine for 110 and three scores and Larry Shipp nine for 78 and two touchdowns.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from August 1, 2009
- Vipers end season with 60-56 home loss to Green Bay - Alabama Vipers
- Bossier-Shreveport BattleWings Dump Dorados 56-46 - Bossier-Shreveport Battle Wings
- Wildcats lose to Horsemen - South Georgia Wildcats
- Stockton Lightning vs. Spokane Shock Game Preview - Stockton Lightning
- Barnstormers Tame Wolves, 70-53 - Iowa Barnstormers