Vipers assigned Ole Miss center Bonds, Southern Cal linebacker Cousins
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. - A Southeastern Conference and PAC-10 standout are the latest players assigned to the Tennessee Valley Vipers by arenafootball2 as the March 9 start of training camp approaches.
Joining the Vipers for camp will be former Ole Miss center Tony Bonds (6-foot-4, 320 pounds) and ex-USC linebacker John Cousins (6-2, 225).
"Cousins has a heck of a background and I'm really excited about getting him here,'' Vipers coach Milt Theodosatos said. "Bonds will give us some depth at center at camp and I spotted him up at a Nashville Katz workout. We expect some good things out of these guys."
Bonds, an all-state prep selection at Russellville High, saw time at center and both right and left guard at Ole Miss from 2004-05. Cousins started at strong-side and weak-side linebacker at USC as a transfer senior in 2001, making 39 tackles with one interception and one 89-yard fumble return for a touchdown.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from March 1, 2007
- Copperheads Hold Open House-Ribbon Cutting - Texas Copperheads
- Hines, Kirkendall sign with Shock - Spokane Shock
- Preseason Scrimmage Features Quad City Steamwheelers and the Green Bay Blizzard in Pizza Bowl III - Quad City Steamwheelers
- First peek at the Cats - South Georgia Wildcats
- Vipers assigned Ole Miss center Bonds, Southern Cal linebacker Cousins - Alabama Vipers
- Ongoing field work forces Dorados camp move, again - Rio Grande Valley Dorados
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.